• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

first appearances of characters?

7 posts in this topic

I've seen two different copies of the same book online, graded by cgc with one of the copies listing the book as being a character's first appearance and another one without it. What would be the reason for this? Is this sort of notation supposed to be mentioned when submitting a book for grading?

• Administrator

It may just be that the information was either added or removed between the time the two books were submitted. If you use the certification lookup on our homepage it will show what current labels of that issue will read.

This could be a possibility on why Batman Adventures 12 skyrocketed in value. I think I remember a time when it wasn't recognized as Harley Quinn's 1st appearance in comic books, but once annotated, the book became a high priority.

This could be a possibility on why Batman Adventures 12 skyrocketed in value. I think I remember a time when it wasn't recognized as Harley Quinn's 1st appearance in comic books, but once annotated, the book became a high priority.

Of course. It is also the reason why Hulk 271 is stalling/dropping in value despite the Guardians being hotter than ever.

I could be wrong, but I thought nearly 10 years ago that the one show Mad Love was considered her 1st appearance.

The first appearance of the Power Rangers appears to be Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1

However once CGC'd, it states, "Power Up! trading card included"

instead of,

"First appearance of the Power Rangers, Zordon, Alpha 5, etc."