• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your new Modern OA here!
3 3

1,483 posts in this topic

I know Debris never got any love, but I loved this cover to issue 4 by Riley Rossmo. SO many good design elements: composition, the foreboding outline of the monster (can't remember what it was called), and Riley's unique inking style to name a few.

88D1FDE8-8F02-498B-B173-F7391D136DD1-6162-000007FA7E848FDB_zps523b6945.jpg

Edited by Hekla

I know Debris never got any love, but I loved this cover to issue 4 by Riley Rossmo. SO many good design elements: composition, the foreboding outline of the monster (can't remember what it was called), and Riley's unique inking style to name a few.

88D1FDE8-8F02-498B-B173-F7391D136DD1-6162-000007FA7E848FDB_zps523b6945.jpg

Cool! IMO, Riley is still incredibly underrated, and is one of the defining talents of this generation. Did you pick this up at ECCC, or through Interior Pages, or...?

Also really like the pencils on that first UXF page, Pete! Who is the artist?

Looks like Scott Eaton's signature; I have one of his older pages, but he's really been nailing it lately.

Thanks for the props on Debris 4; I got it from Jason at Interior Pages. Funny story: I originally asked about another page & he sent a photo with this cover in the background (this was a couple of months before it was released). Even though the image of this cover was partially cut off, I could tell it was a great cover, so I changed my order.

And I agree re: Riley; he really brings something different to to table artistically - hard to define, but I'd have to call him an experimental artist.

Edited by Hekla

Riley has a kinetic and frenetic energy to his work that is truly unique. It makes the art jump off the page, and always gives you so much to look at. I can get lost in the details. So fun to watch him work in person. He's really fast, too, so...it's kinda like watching controlled chaos. (thumbs u

I gave him my commission request on Saturday, and he said he wanted to wait and do it back at the hotel when he could spend some time on it. That night we all went out for dinner and drinks and ended up closing the bar...and the next morning he hands it to me as soon as I walk into the con. I still can't figure out how that happened exactly.

Some stuff I have picked up recently.

CP Wilson III's Judge Dredd #1 Cover

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=989512&GSub=142001

DreddIDW013_zps938b8774.jpg

"Retire" of the Jedi by Randy Martinez

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=989531&GSub=142002

RetireoftheJedyHanChewy022_zps889d4d26.jpg

I'll jump in to since Peter's in -

Cover to an upcoming issue of Scarlet Spider by Max Fiumara:

ss142caf.jpg

Temporary return of Jean Grey during AvX #12:

avx12pagecaf.jpg

A nice Fantomex:

newxmen143covercaf.jpg

Pia Guerra Art for the Y: The Last Man Finale Party Litho:

ythelastmancaf.jpg

And some little kid crying after leaving a prison (who cries after leaving a prison?):

walkingdead48pg20.jpg

More stuff here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=6771

- Keith

ss142caf.jpg

Love this A LOT!

ss142caf.jpg

Love this A LOT!

+1

The Bachalo Fantomex cover ain't too shabby, either. That's his second cover appearance, correct...? Man, what I wouldn't give for the cover to NXM 129.

+1

The Bachalo Fantomex cover ain't too shabby, either. That's his second cover appearance, correct...? Man, what I wouldn't give for the cover to NXM 129.

Yep - 2nd cover appearance. The Van Sciver 129 cover is out there...somewhere. Kind of a shame he wasn't on the cover of 128.

Also really like the pencils on that first UXF page, Pete! Who is the artist?

Looks like Scott Eaton's signature; I have one of his older pages, but he's really been nailing it lately.

Thanks for the props on Debris 4; I got it from Jason at Interior Pages. Funny story: I originally asked about another page & he sent a photo with this cover in the background (this was a couple of months before it was released). Even though the image of this cover was partially cut off, I could tell it was a great cover, so I changed my order.

And I agree re: Riley; he really brings something different to to table artistically - hard to define, but I'd have to call him an experimental artist.

Thanks for the compliments!

Yup, that's Scot Eaton. I agree, he freakin killed that half splash!

The 2nd page is by Esad Ribic. You'd never know he could do such clean / dainty lines =)

Edited by Pete Marino