• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your new Modern OA here!
3 3

1,483 posts in this topic

Love Cary Nord's work -- I've got a couple pieces of his Daredevil stuff. Back when he was working with Karl Kesel...

That was such an awesome run, far and away my favorite DD run after Miller. So many post-Miller writers were intent on making DD an unrelentingly grim book, but Kesel's run was so much FUN. Terrific stuff. When I mentioned it to him at a con a couple of years ago, he told me that if I liked his run, I should check out the Waid series, which I did, and very much enjoyed.

I'd love to see the Nord pages. Post 'em up!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1180461

I picked up this original art published cover ( 24" x 35" acrylic on board painting) this past weekend for $100. They also threw in issues 1 through 4 of the 12 issues series. This cover art is to issue 4. It was nice to read the books to better understand the characters in this painting.

Edited by Junkdrawer

Picked up Clay McCormack's pages from Cafe Racer, published last month by Essential Sequential. Over the summer, Sean Murphy (Punk Rock Jesus, The Wake, etc) coordinated an "apprenticeship" for a group of budding artists where they worked alongside Sean on all aspects of being a successful artist in the comics industry. The result of the live-in apprenticeship was Cafe Racer, which Sean's wife wrote, and each of the apprentices contributed a section of pages and character designs. I really liked the work that Clay did in his five pages.

Clay McCormack - Cafe Racer

You can order the book directly from Essential Sequential.

Nice page.
Thank you. Harley is little, but now I can say I own a Timm Harley page. I learned today that Shane Giles ink every page fom issue 1 and several from this issue 2, not sure about issue 3, so there isn't a whole bunch of Timm pages from this series. The covers are beautiful and I bet expensive.