• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your new Modern OA here!
3 3

1,483 posts in this topic

I was lucky enough to pick up the cover to AF 15 vol 2 from Pete Woods @ RCCC! Blown away to find it was available. 1st Amadeus Cho / Pete Woods pencils and inks / AF 15 homage cover!

5B8220C4-2820-4106-9A8C-312F24BFD36B_zpskr0wfbw5.jpg

Interesting note: he did it on the back of a DC/Vertigo art page(!) They added Positron last minute to the cover after being a late story addition to the book, and changed the look of "the man being saved by spider-man" to a look closer to the interior design of the characters story in the book. Still looking into if those mod pieces are around, or if they got thrown out.

Cheers!

Out of curiosity, did you just pick this up recently? Or did you acquire it around the time of the release? It would be odd for a gorgeous piece to be available for purchase for so long, especially, regardless of the 1st App aspect, it's a beautiful homage cover that stands on it's own merits.

I was lucky enough to pick up the cover to AF 15 vol 2 from Pete Woods @ RCCC! Blown away to find it was available. 1st Amadeus Cho / Pete Woods pencils and inks / AF 15 homage cover!

Interesting note: he did it on the back of a DC/Vertigo art page(!) They added Positron last minute to the cover after being a late story addition to the book, and changed the look of "the man being saved by spider-man" to a look closer to the interior design of the characters story in the book. Still looking into if those mod pieces are around, or if they got thrown out.

Cheers!

Out of curiosity, did you just pick this up recently? Or did you acquire it around the time of the release? It would be odd for a gorgeous piece to be available for purchase for so long, especially, regardless of the 1st App aspect, it's a beautiful homage cover that stands on it's own merits.

Knowing Pete's art rep, it wouldn't surprise me if it was at this past Rose City. I know he and Pete have been digging out some older pieces and recently came across his other AF 15 homage cover to Deadpool #11.

^this.

Jerry said Pete just decided to sell another stack of stuff he dug out, that included this, and things like the cover to deadpool 32, catwoman covers, ect. He mentioned that the Deadpool #11 cover WAS in the batch, but by mistake as Pete decided against selling it, as it was one of his first covers, AND it was inked for him by Joe Sinnott(!) so it's very personal to Pete.

I almost didn't even stop at the Serinpidity art table, if Jerry wouldn't have waved me over to show me some new stuff. Sometimes it's just meant to be.

Every year Pete seems to part with just a little more. I also got these two pieces a few years apart from him:

Double page opening spread from Deadpool 32

9D3AD9E0-97F3-4949-8B15-722A6F4CA293_zpseejaxstz.jpg

The "my common sense is tingling" page from Deadpool 26 page 13

B0C6DBAD-E34E-459C-ADE0-96B09D7BD766_zpsqcarap1m.jpg

6A6BA34E-59EA-448C-A137-955B42F6ED38_zpsmsvqw2yv.jpg

Cheers!

Cheers!

Knowing Pete's art rep, it wouldn't surprise me if it was at this past Rose City. I know he and Pete have been digging out some older pieces and recently came across his other AF 15 homage cover to Deadpool #11.

^this.

Jerry said Pete just decided to sell another stack of stuff he dug out, that included this, and things like the cover to deadpool 32, catwoman covers, ect. He mentioned that the Deadpool #11 cover WAS in the batch, but by mistake as Pete decided against selling it, as it was one of his first covers, AND it was inked for him by Joe Sinnot(!) so it's very personal to Pete.

I almost didn't even stop at the Serinpidity art table, if Jerry wouldn't have waved me over to show me some new stuff. Sometimes it's just meant to be.

Every year Pete seems to part with just a little more. I also got these two pieces a few years apart from him:

Double page opening spread from Deadpool 32

9D3AD9E0-97F3-4949-8B15-722A6F4CA293_zpseejaxstz.jpg

The "my common sense is tingling" page from Deadpool 26 page 13

B0C6DBAD-E34E-459C-ADE0-96B09D7BD766_zpsqcarap1m.jpg

6A6BA34E-59EA-448C-A137-955B42F6ED38_zpsmsvqw2yv.jpg

Cheers!

That one is brilliant. I can't believe I didn't happen across it yet on CAF. That one panel has transcended comics.

A few of the sketches I got from Thought Bubble this weekend...

Nimona - http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1273432

Duncan (Mind MGMT) - http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1273435

V (for Vendetta) - http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1273441

Really enjoyed myself, very sociable event.

On 9/3/2015 at 8:24 AM, artistlost said:

Just became the proud owner of these amazing beauties. :whee:

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

When I get back to my office on Tuesday I will scan them in with my large format scanner but for now these pictures will have to do.

A bit about these...

They are the original cover art for the series and the only original artwork for the series that exists (not counting variant covers) as all of the interior art was done digitally by Josh Hood.

There is no original cover art to issue #3 as i was done digitally.

The cover to #1 has the logo hand drawn on the art board (as this is the way Michael did the logo) which is an added bonus and just so cool. The artist then had the logo printed onto the art boards for issues 2, 4 and 5 for placement.

Anyway, I am beyond excited about owning these and just wanted to share

mathew

Just noticed this post...There were a couple of non digital pages drawn for this series. I own one. If I remember correctly, I was told the last 3 pages were hand drawn. 

````````1.jpg

6 hours ago, artistlost said:

You are correct. They had a different artist do the last three pages of the story and those pages were all traditional. I owned one of them for a while. Really nice work.

Congrats on that beautiful page!

Thanks! You should be the one congratulated though. Those covers are the nuclear bomb to my smoke grenade. :)