• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Captain America/ Marvel coloring book.

3 posts in this topic

Most of the 70's coloring books for Marvel were done by Owen McCarron. I have the 1966 Whitman Captain America one, and it could be by Owen, but it would be one of his earlier books, so it looks a bit different.

I love that guys work. I grew up with his coloring books, and with his Marvel Fun & Games comic. Good, fun stuff!

Edited by Dave Aikins

On 3/1/2013 at 8:14 PM, Dave Aikins said:

Most of the 70's coloring books for Marvel were done by Owen McCarron. I have the 1966 Whitman Captain America one, and it could be by Owen, but it would be one of his earlier books, so it looks a bit different.

I love that guys work. I grew up with his coloring books, and with his Marvel Fun & Games comic. Good, fun stuff!

Wow, Marvel Fun and Games.  Fond memories there!

Do you know of any index of Marvel Cap America coloring books from the 1970's (or Marvel Coloring books in general)?  There is one I really, really want to find, circa 1976-7, but I have no idea how many variations there were, or how many were issued!