• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Dringenberg - :-(

722 posts in this topic

So I have a lot of love for the series Sandman. It is my favorite series of all time. I have gotten tons of contributors from the series - Gaiman, Kieth, McKean, Zulli, Thompson, Hempel right on down the line. Other than Michael Schmidt, I think it is a fair bet I have as many SS sandman books as anyone.

I was so stoked when I found out Mike Dringenberg was going to be at ECCC. Co-Creator of Death, designer of Desire - he is a huge part of the Sanman milieu.

I thought about cracking out my 9.8 #8 with Gaiman or my new #4 with Sam Kieth. But at the end of the day, with the dogpack handling my books, I figured it was easier to send a prepped raw book.

Thank god, I did not. Because here is what Mike Dringenberg did to my book:

photo_zps47c09741.jpg

Apparently he has been personalizing everything (which I am fine with - i would have been over the moon, if this said "For Sean") and with a large volume of books he got pissy and started doing this to books.

I am trying to find some kind of humor in it, but it is tough.

Shout out to all the homies and everyone at ECCC. If you see Mike Dringenberg, give him the finger for me.

Bummer man. I'd keep the book a long while and then take it to another con he's at and show it to him and see if you can get a slightly less snarky sig.

Stupid question, was your stuff the large quantity or did it come before you and everyone got it?

Bummer man. I'd keep the book a long while and then take it to another con he's at and show it to him and see if you can get a slightly less snarky sig.

Stupid question, was your stuff the large quantity or did it come before you and everyone got it?

I dunno. My homies got a bunch of books done for me. I don't know exactly how it played out.

[rant]

I have never understood why artists who are so afraid that someone will make a dime off of their signature don't submit their own books through CGC and sell their own "autographs" through eBay. Some of them might actually discover that it isn't the gravy train they assume it to be.

[/rant]

I hope that some day I will find it funny. It may be a couple of days.

I am of the opinion that you can and should eventually find it funny while at the same time telling Dringy to suck a dong every time you see him from here to eternity.

I hope that some day I will find it funny. It may be a couple of days.

I know I aggravate the hell out of you most of the time, (hell, who am I trying to kid - all the time) but you are decent guy and certainly don't deserve this kind of karmic kick in the arse. I'm sure something equally surprising, in a good way, will come along and even the score.

:foryou: