• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Dringenberg - :-(

722 posts in this topic

On the positive side I can now remove The Mikester from my list of creators that I would like to add to my SS collection, which should save me a few bucks. What a cockface person_without_enough_empathy.

On the positive side I can now remove The Mikester from my list of creators that I would like to add to my SS collection, which should save me a few bucks. What a cockface person_without_enough_empathy.

lol cockface made it through!

I will post on this later when I get back from eccc. Right now I am not happy.

If he got you too, I am sorry, Troy.

Dude, I feel bad because you did not deserve this.

No one deserves what that guy did today. I'm sick.

Im really sorry bud. :(

I will post on this later when I get back from eccc. Right now I am not happy.

If he got you too, I am sorry, Troy.

Dude, I feel bad because you did not deserve this.

No one deserves what that guy did today. I'm sick.

Im really sorry bud. :(

I appreciate that. Right now I am happy that none of my other books got ruined. I can only hope that no one else ruined a multi-signed book. :(

That sucks a lot...if he is afraid that his signed books are for sale he should stop signing before doing such a silly and childish deticated signatures and ruin books.

Or he should start asking money for his signature. But then not complaining.

I am sorry for this. I believe for anybody who signs autographs to personalize against an individuals will is rude. And to write "to eBay" is rude and childish. It is not a free sketch. It is just am autograph. Nobody else from the sandman crew would do this and every single one of them is no only more important than Mr. Dringenberg but incredibly influential to the world of art and literature.

I can honestly state that I have in almost 30 years of collecting comics I have never heard anyone bring up this guys name when talking about creators until this thread. (shrug)

For the last decade or so he's done book illustrations, almost entirely, so since Sandman there's not a ton to see.

This is pretty childish in the way it passive aggressively lashes out at people by assuming he is being taken advantage of. The worst part is he will no doubt do this again and again because it will embolden him in an incorrect belief that he is justified. It will also self fulfill as I doubt you would want this in your collection so will eventually sell it.

I have heard of writers/artists doing things like this and seen a couple on ebay with a story. When not getting something signed in person, I write a note on the 3m tape thanking them with some other anecdote.