• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Dringenberg - :-(

722 posts in this topic

sorry this happen to you.

for Dringenberg

it's so unprofessional to do this, even someone will resell the book.

1. You should contact him for compensation for totally destroyed your book.

2. he own you an apology.

if he refused

ideas 1. put it on ebay with 1,000,000 price tag and tell your side of story.

2. stop buying anything relate to him.

3. sell all books with his name on it.

How many books were initially brought to him?

Was money ever offered?

Ten pages - I feel sorry for Sean but I hear a lot of crying.

The guy can sign how ever he wants. Nine times out of ten if you window bag your books you're selling them.

It should also be mentioned that he did atleast one free sketch on a sandman 8. It was the one personalized "to ?"

Was money ever offered?

The guy can sign how ever he wants. Nine times out of ten if you window bag your books you're selling them.

It should also be mentioned that he did atleast one free sketch on a sandman 8. It was the one personalized "to ?"

No one is justified in writing "for EBay" on someone's book. Don't sign, whatever. But he had no cause and no justification to deface my book based on his stupid preconceived notions.

Was money ever offered?

Wrong. :screwy:

Was money ever offered?

No one is justified in writing "for EBay" on someone's book. Don't sign, whatever. But he had no cause and no justification to deface my book based on his stupid preconceived notions.

But like, how many books were brought to him when your book was presented to him?

Was money ever offered?

I brought 20 books and was asked to step asside for smaller stacks before I could offer money, which I had been instructed by Rich Henn to offer. The next guy had 4 books. The guy behind him? 1.

When Jesse Campbell worked something out, it turned out that mike wanted less money from us that I was going to offer.

A guy can sign how he wants, but he should at least ask if it's ok for him to do this. Steve Lieber did a free sketch for me too, after he asked if it was ok if he "defaced" my book (and drew an amazing sketch on the book). That's how you handle yourself (Steve Lieber has moved into my top 3 best interactions with a creator moments).

Was money ever offered?

:facepalm:

Was money ever offered?

But like, how many books were brought to him when your book was presented to him?

I have no idea, but it doesn't matter. If he didn't like the fact that they were window bagged or that there were too many of the same book, he should have stated his terms. Then I would be in acceptance of whatever the guys with my books decided to do.

This is no different than him drawing dongs on the comics or writing "f**k you." All inappropriate.

Still if asked not to be personalized the artist should not start personalizing at random. Handler at least should have pulled the remaining books after the first one was done. Or at least look at the backing board to see if customer name was on it.

No, he was not offered money Because the guy with Sean's books had 4 books. That's it. I don't remember there being anyone with stacks behind me. I did have a stack of 20 books and I have no problem admitting that. When given the chance, I was going to pay mike. Thank you to Jesse Campbell for working with mike to get the books done (and for getting some money into mike's pocket).

Was money ever offered?

I window bagged all my personal books, none of which will be sold unless something horrible happens to me. And since it is my property the person I ask to sign can either sign how I request or not sign at all, anything else is akin to vandalism.I have no issues paying a signing fee or altering my plan if they ask me too, but it is still my decision not theirs.

Guess he wanted to make a statement, if it were my book I'd make it a point to take the book to the next show he's at crack the book out & ask for the correct personalization. At least he should apologize with the fan in front of him after going to the extra effort of bring the book back.