• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marilyn Monroe for the win! (Teen-Age Diary Secrets #6 auction)
3 3

128 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

A little unfortunately, the indica for this one states Teen-Age Diary Secrets #5, even though it is the reprint of the #6.  As such it will show up on the census under #5, Canadian copy.

But at the end of the day - everyone who sees it knows it for what it is, regardless of the label. 

I knew a lot of the Canadian reprints had different number so thanks for this. I still didn't see anything on the census...but thanks for the quick reply, Dr. Love! (worship)

Greetings all,

Hope you are all having a Merry X-mas with your loved ones, I received back my CANADIAN EDITION copy of TEEN-AGE DIARY SECRETS #5 (IDENTICAL COVER AND CONTENTS TO TEEN-AGE DIARY SECRETS #6) got a nice grade of 7.5, but I had put a note on the book, e-mailed and even called CGC to make sure they put on the label that this was Marilyn Monroe on the cover (which they mention on the CGC census of this book) with Matt Baker art. But the label came with no mentions. Got a few other Matt Baker books as wel, TEEN-AGE ROMANCES #9 5.5 with the infamous "hold " cover and the highest graded copy of TEEN-AGE ROMANCES #10 at 8.5....:) I will be putting these up for auction in the new year, anyone interested, please contact me and I will notify you when I put them up for auction. Cheers, Maurice

DSCN0990.JPG

DSCN0993.JPG

DSCN1036.JPG

DSCN1014.JPG

On 12/25/2019 at 10:00 PM, Momochan said:

Greetings all,

Hope you are all having a Merry X-mas with your loved ones, I received back my CANADIAN EDITION copy of TEEN-AGE DIARY SECRETS #5 (IDENTICAL COVER AND CONTENTS TO TEEN-AGE DIARY SECRETS #6) got a nice grade of 7.5, but I had put a note on the book, e-mailed and even called CGC to make sure they put on the label that this was Marilyn Monroe on the cover (which they mention on the CGC census of this book) with Matt Baker art. But the label came with no mentions. Got a few other Matt Baker books as wel, TEEN-AGE ROMANCES #9 5.5 with the infamous "hold " cover and the highest graded copy of TEEN-AGE ROMANCES #10 at 8.5....:) I will be putting these up for auction in the new year, anyone interested, please contact me and I will notify you when I put them up for auction. Cheers, Maurice

DSCN0990.JPG

DSCN0993.JPG

DSCN1036.JPG

DSCN1014.JPG

CGC makes no mention they are Canadian editions. 

Yeh not so odd. They constantly and consistently miss the SDD print on the cover. But they should be labeled as Superior books, that is the publisher.  Rather than labeled as St. John or even St. John, Canadian edition. Which they are not.

The OP is known to me through ebay, as momocomics. I've bought a few books from him and I've got to say he's got some of the largest and nicest offerings of canadian "editions" of romance books that I've seen on ebay in all the years I've been looking.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

Yeh not so odd. They constantly and consistently miss the SDD print on the cover. But they should be labeled as Superior books, that is the publisher.  Rather than labeled as St. John or even St. John, Canadian edition. Which they are not.

The OP is known to me through ebay, as momocomics. I've bought a few books from him and I've got to say he's got some of the largest and nicest offerings of canadian "editions" of romance books that I've seen on ebay in all the years I've been looking.

When they see the Superior on the indicia on the inside cover along with the Toronto address, geniuses in Sarasota might figure it out.

13 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

When they see the Superior on the indicia on the inside cover along with the Toronto address, geniuses in Sarasota might figure it out.

Yeh it's not a good look. I've also had more than one exchange with Matt on the subject. And yet here we are.

On 12/25/2019 at 9:00 PM, Momochan said:

Greetings all,

DSCN0990.JPG

DSCN0993.JPG

DSCN1036.JPG

DSCN1014.JPG

Either the Canadian issues are sized differently, or CGC has figured out how to put these books into smaller slabs. Up until I saw this post, I thought they were still putting these oversized books into magazine slabs. Maybe a year ago I asked CGC about a smaller slab and was told no, not possible 

EF082FD0-7AA2-4CE3-8986-B8049C926BED.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Either the Canadian issues are sized differently, or CGC has figured out how to put these books into smaller slabs. Up until I saw this post, I thought they were still putting these oversized books into magazine slabs. Maybe a year ago I asked CGC about a smaller slab and was told no, not possible

Either the Canadian issues are sized differently

this

Interesting thread deserves a bump. The confusion whether it's a Marilyn cover is understandable. There appears to be a missing photo from the shoot that would tag the comic book cover perfectly. That shot was probably sold to the St John people to do the comic and lost to time. In the meantime, we have the other shots with the same belt, skirt, blouse, tree and pose. Here's a photoshop simply using the eyes from the comic cover and pasting them over the b&w shots.    

Teen-age-diary-secrets-6 comparison7 FINAL.JPG

Edited by Ameri