• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marilyn Monroe for the win! (Teen-Age Diary Secrets #6 auction)
3 3

128 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Ameri said:

I was always skeptical that it was a Marilyn cover, but it is Marilyn. The confusion is caused by the eyes. 

TEEN-AGE-DIARY-SECRETS-6 COMPARISON2.JPG

Well, from what I remember in terms of photos abput Marilyn, I would have to say it's more than just the eyes as far as I can tell:  (shrug)

10,913 Marilyn Monroe Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

10 hours ago, Ameri said:

Interesting thread deserves a bump. I was always skeptical that it was a Marilyn cover, but it is Marilyn. The confusion is caused by the eyes. They gave her new eyes for the cover making recognition difficult. Had they not done that, it would easily have been recognized as a Monroe cover. Here's a workup using the eyes from the cover. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the belt, skirt, blouse and pose is the same as the comic book cover.   

TEEN-AGE-DIARY-SECRETS-6 COMPARISON2.JPG

Not sure I follow what you did here, but look closely at the clothes and hair and you’ll see that the cover image is not the same as the b/w pics.  Has to be from the same photoshoot, but she’s bent to the right more, there are folds in her shirt that are different, her left breast extends beyond the side profile, hair highlights different too.  Even the rest of the face doesn’t match.  They would have retouched the image, so we can’t be sure what they sprayed out.  And they would have removed the shadow down the left of her nose, not added it.  

I just took the eyes from the comic cover, made them black and white and replaced her squinty eyes. It may not have been the exact same shot from the photo shoot that they they used for the comic book cover, but that's the one that someone posted earlier in the thread. However, it's close enough right down to the bra and tree trunk she's leaning on. Like you say, other touchups were made to her nose and and face shadows to create the comic cover.  

1 hour ago, Ameri said:

1942 high school yearbook shots

teen8.jpg

teen9a.jpg

teen9ddd.jpg

I wonder what her schoolmates all said later? I went to school with Marilyn Monroe. 

I went to school with Eddie Van Halen. I knew him quite well and jammed in garages with him as high school kids. 

One of my friends was in the army and knew and shared a bunk house with Elvis Presley. He even showed me pictures of them together.