• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2016 at 5:46 PM, kav said:

Spine looks pretty rough to be calling it a 9.0

I swear this is the reason I'm moving further and further away from using Ebay. Over the past few years I have gradually moved to just using a handful of sellers.....and those guys are mainly boardies…..(hints) how I found out about the boards.

Tons of 9.4 - 9.9 and not a single professional graded book out of 396 books? A JLA  #1 in 9.6 with a BIN for 15.5 K. Come on...If things are too good to be true; if it sounds like a duck... Eventually this individual will get caught again. Never saw any indication of where all these multiple keys in Mint came from...I wish there were a way to warn the eBay public that something is way off with Kellyssuperheroes on eBay

6 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Is Robo Joe still kicking though?  :wishluck:

I believe Richard Koos was Danny's stepfather, and he used his name to sell as comickeys. I don't know what name he uses now, but Dupcak is still among the living.

1 hour ago, Larryw7 said:

I believe Richard Koos was Danny's stepfather, and he used his name to sell as comickeys. I don't know what name he uses now, but Dupcak is still among the living.

Richard Koos was his mother's companion/boyfriend. Danny now uses the alias Edward M. Kelly. 

8 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Is Robo Joe still kicking though?  :wishluck:

Under his Robojo ebay handle Danny's alias was Perry Stroud. A fictitious name that didn't exist in the state of New York. He used that name because it resembled the name Terry Stroud. A well known and respected comic book dealer from back in the day. 

Danny admitted under oath at a deposition during his child support case, that the reason he used that alias was because it was a "business decision".

3 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

Under his Robojo ebay handle Danny's alias was Perry Stroud. A fictitious name that didn't exist in the state of New York. He used that name because it resembled the name Terry Stroud. A well known and respected comic book dealer from back in the day. 

Danny admitted under oath at a deposition during his child support case, that the reason he used that alias was because it was a "business decision".

You can always trust someone who uses multiple, fictitious, alias'. 

On 5/16/2020 at 8:25 AM, october said:

His auction results surprise me because apparently there are a LOT of people spending big money on raw comics on eBay without a clue how to spot restoration or overgrading. It's not like he's good at it. It's not like it's not glaringly obvious. His "restoration" includes trimming hackjobs that leave zero overhang on SA Marvels, slathered on color touch with bleed through, etc. Even a cursory education in resto detection and grading would result in A) immediate laughter and B) immediate returns. 

Like most scammers, he thrives on ignorance and trust. Who knows how many newbies he's burned and turned off of the hobby. What a total scumbag.

As bad as all of this is (and I agree with you completely), the bigger issue to me is that now you have hundreds, if not thousands, of books that are tampered with and are in circulation.  And there's no way to know where they are now.  So one has to be even more vigilant when buying books from anyone, not just Dupcak.  :frustrated:

On 9/7/2020 at 12:45 PM, Randall Dowling said:

As bad as all of this is (and I agree with you completely), the bigger issue to me is that now you have hundreds, if not thousands, of books that are tampered with and are in circulation.  And there's no way to know where they are now.  So one has to be even more vigilant when buying books from anyone, not just Dupcak.  :frustrated:

Ah yes, the Dupcak collection..!    :golfclap:

From what I've been able to glean, this unique collection consists of a wide variety of key or semi-key issues, primarily Marvel Silver Age, nearly always trimmed and quite often color touched as well.

To his credit, Danny does disclose this in his listings, although this reviewer isn't completely convinced he's disclosing everything...all the time. 

So if you're looking for a restored high grade comic at a bargain price without all the hassle of authenticity, look no further...  

5 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

I'm late to this. I found this seller because I want to buy another Bat 227 at some point. I have no problem with raw books, but this one looked perfect:

Caveat Emptor.  You shake the dice, you take your chances.  But I (and many others here) won't have anything to do with this seller for both pragmatic and principled reasons.  2c

33 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

looks like a CGC 10 !! or at the very least a 9.9 !! 

He graded it 9.4 and disclosed that the book is restored. 

"Slight color-touch, slightly trimmed."

I think the same is true for the rest of the images posted above and probably many of the books listed. "Color touch and trimming" (or just color touch).