• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

I saw that.

Interestingly enough she's registered to the same town (Massapequa Park, NY) as Daniel Dupcak...and she sells killer high grade books.

It threw a few flags for me.

Saw this post yesterday and had never purchased anything from this seller before, so I had nothing to say, but a couple of ended auctions were shockers. Any of these auctions smell of shilling?

Something doesn't look right when a *raw* Avengers 57 estimated to be NM exceeds the price of a CGC graded copy (a CGC 9.4 just last week went for $930 on ebay; a comiclink CGC SS 9.4 went for less than $800 recently). And a raw Ms. Marvel 1 estimated at NM+ goes for $130? Just wondering aloud here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151000081477?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150990157696?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Saw this post yesterday and had never purchased anything from this seller before, so I had nothing to say, but a couple of ended auctions were shockers. Any of these auctions smell of shilling?

Something doesn't look right when a *raw* Avengers 57 estimated to be NM exceeds the price of a CGC graded copy (a CGC 9.4 just last week went for $930 on ebay; a comiclink CGC SS 9.4 went for less than $800 recently). And a raw Ms. Marvel 1 estimated at NM+ goes for $130? Just wondering aloud here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151000081477?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150990157696?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

That's is exactly the way ComicKeys/Dupcak auctions used to go.

Very strong bidding.

I am going to share a story of being horribly uninformed.

I fell victim to Danny while on Deployment to Italy with some extra cash laying around, thought at the time "There is no way I can lose on any of these three books".

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #123 NM+ 9.6 (170777812266)

Member id robojo33 | Feedback Score Of 3813 | 100.0%

Sale date: 02/12/12

$401.00 + $7.70 shipping

STRANGE TALES #114 NM 9.4 *CAPTAIN AMERICA* (180834148802)

Sale date: 03/11/12

$601.00 + $7.70 shipping

BATMAN ANNUAL #3 NM 9.4 (180834677628)

Sale date: 03/11/12

$371.88 + $7.70 shipping

After returning from deployment and getting to see the books in person (my wife took care of them while I was gone), I sent them off to CGC with the expectations of even if they graded a bit lower (was suspicious of the grading) I can at least break even or accept a small loss.

Results:

Journey into Mystery #123 CGC 9.0 C/OW - Sold via E-Bay

Strange Tales #114 CGC 8.0 (Restored) C/OW

Batman Annual #3 CGC 8.5 OW/W - Sold via E-Bay

I know the two sold via E-Bay the buyers got a very good price and they knew what they were buying (Thank you CGC).

Now onto why I post this. After looking through the feedback and seeing the comics up for auction, this has the same "feel" as to what I went though before. Feedback with books graded by CGC in the 7.0 to 9.0 range, toys and lower grade raw books. Then out of the blue books listed in the 9.4 to 9.6 range selling for huge amounts.

Now, if she is legit, I apologize for accusing her, but alarm bells are ringing...so, personally I will not be buying anything, but to all the others please be aware that this could be another Danny ID.

Oh and by the way, I got onto the boards shortly after and discovered who Danny was and what he was doing (sick feelings still linger in the pit of my stomach). I truly appreciate what everyone has taught me in a very short time period. Even though I have been collecting for 22 years and using E-Bay as a tool since 1999, there was no way of knowing…

“Who Won't Get Fooled Again” – The Who

I get the same feeling as well.

Very similar warning bells going off. This feels like the old Comic-keys auctions all over again.

I bought an ASM 14 from him a few months ago. Listed as either a 9.2 or 9.4, can't remember. The book looked 9.2/9.4 structurally however had very bad tanning on the interior of the covers. Would have been no better than an 8.0 from CGC. A defect that maybe someone not very experienced with grading would have overlooked.

After seeing many more auctions after that from this guy, yeah I get a Dupcak feeling about it too.

I have bought 3 books from kellyssuperheroes over the past 7 months and I will say that he is really easy to deal with.

In two instances, the books I received had a couple of defects that werent appearant from the scans. In both of the instances, he readily accepted the returns and refunded my money. No questions asked; no hassles.

He also indicates (through correspondence) that he guarantees his unrestored books against resto from CGC or a professional resto analyst. I never sent the book I kept to CGC so cant speak to resto, but I dont have reason to doubt that he would not apply the guarantee.

I have bought 3 books from kellyssuperheroes over the past 7 months and I will say that he is really easy to deal with.

In two instances, the books I received had a couple of defects that werent appearant from the scans. In both of the instances, he readily accepted the returns and refunded my money. No questions asked; no hassles.

He also indicates (through correspondence) that he guarantees his unrestored books against resto from CGC or a professional resto analyst. I never sent the book I kept to CGC so cant speak to resto, but I dont have reason to doubt that he would not apply the guarantee.

Just bumping an old post after a search on the name kellyssuperheroes

These are looking more and more likely to be Dupcack books.

Just bumping an old post after a search on the name kellyssuperheroes

These are looking more and more likely to be Dupcack books.

I just did a search as VC had done previously - has anyone dealt with this ebay seller recently, and if so, how did you fare?

thanks for any input!