• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

Has anybody gotten the sellers user information yet from eBay yet?

I actually thought you would know and was going to PM you.

Not yet, I'm surprised the people who bought form him have not come up with it.

His name is Ed Kelly if memory serves.

"Well according to his sig line, he is a veteran already since he has 20 posts. Not to mention he has already had at least one FDQ exit moment"

"Give me a break, you have 25 posts and are totally ignorant . Jealousy has nothing to do with it, it has to do with experience and insight"

Firstly wrong to assume that since I only have 20 odd posts I am not a veteran collecting comic books with a valid opinion. Actually I bought my first DC comic in 1962 and first Marvel in 1964 while I was a lad. Since you seem to like bragging and one-upmanship when did you start collecting?

Secondly concerning the FDQ exit moment if you read further down that thread, I apologized for that realizing I was out of line at the time despite due cause.

Rest assured, I am not going to troll the Forum looking for dirt on you. I don't play that way.

Cheers, Howard

PS. At least I don't hide behind a pseudonym to trash talk. Howard is my real name.

Where in Ontario are you?

Yeah, I asked for pics. He said, "I'll get those right away!" And then nothing. I sent another message and received no reply.

I got this too. Makes me think part of his modus operandi is presenting books that have nice FCs but some major flaw on the BC and then provides no scans.

Why would Avengers 144 be listed for $550?
First Hellcat as an Avenger?

I have one copy and sold one, but $550?!?!

That was mostly a pointless comment by me. :P I'd think it's priced that high to draw attention and encourage a naive buyer to submit a $400 bin (that would be readily accepted). I noticed he has a raw Sub-Mariner #41 9.9 for sale as well. That's a pretty nice grade.

That was mostly a pointless comment by me. :P I'd think it's priced that high to draw attention and encourage a naive buyer to submit a $400 bin (that would be readily accepted). I noticed he has a raw Sub-Mariner #41 9.9 for sale as well. That's a pretty nice grade.

;)

Some of his stuff does look good, but I'm wary of bidding after reading earlier comments.

;)

Some of his stuff does look good, but I'm wary of bidding after reading earlier comments.

For what it's worth, I bought a raw, unrestored 9.8 from him before I heard about him here. When I received the book it was nice, but not 9.8 nice. He accepted a return and gave me a full refund including shipping. 2c

Haha I submitted a $2 OBO offer. His response is fantastic:

"$550 is a typo. It was supposed to be $150. Haven't been able to edit it. Will probably end listing and relist with correct BIN. Ed"

Even at 150 that is an insane listing. In NM that book is what? $35? $40? Did I miss the Hellcat Netflix/Stand Alone Film announcement? Or maybe he is the secret person in Avengers 2...

I think Patsy Walker has been cast in one of the Netflix shows, but I might be wrong. Or she was rumored at showing up in it? I don't remember.

Just checked... she's been cast in the AKA Jessica Jones show.

Edited by Doktor

"$550 is a typo. It was supposed to be $150. Haven't been able to edit it. Will probably end listing and relist with correct BIN. Ed"

Even at 150 that is an insane listing. In NM that book is what? $35? $40? Did I miss the Hellcat Netflix/Stand Alone Film announcement? Or maybe he is the secret person in Avengers 2...

Ha! Wow...it takes 2 seconds to correct that and $150 is still way too much. Overstreet has it at $35 for 9.2. Or maybe Hellcat will turn out to be the mother of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch; she had a secret affair with Dr. Doom when she accompanied Millie on a modeling shoot in Latveria. They had to keep it a secret so first they made it seem like the Whizzer was their father and then Magneto.

Ha! Wow...it takes 2 seconds to correct that and $150 is still way too much. Overstreet has it at $35 for 9.2. Or maybe Hellcat will turn out to be the mother of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch; she had a secret affair with Dr. Doom when she accompanied Millie on a modeling shoot in Latveria. They had to keep it a secret so first they made it seem like the Whizzer was their father and then Magneto.

I think you may not be able to edit the price when offers are awaiting expiration.