• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncanny X-Men 59...Claremont?

22 posts in this topic

I'm going to Megacon in a week and I was wanting to get both Neal Adams's and Chris Claremont's signature on some X-Men books. I was looking for books they had worked on together, and I saw on mycomicshop.com that Claremont did some work on Uncanny X-Men 59. Wikipedia says it was a "plot assist credit," but he's not listed in the book at all.

So, here's the question: is it appropriate the get Claremont to sign 59 even though he's not officially credited?

On other CGC graded 59s, Claremont is not listed slab tag.

Thoughts?

PS - Feel free to PM me if you have an Uncanny X-Men 59 that you'd like to sell to me. ;)

he's listed in comicbookdb as a writer, but as you note its not listed on the CGC label.

it is his very first work back when he was interning at Marvel, so its not surprising that he isnt credited in the book...

it certainly would be an interesting conversation topic with him when he's signing it though...[like what was it like pitching an idea to Roy Thomas?]

I'll see them both at the X-Men panel at Megacon next weekend, so I'll be sure to bring it up and report back.

he's listed in comicbookdb as a writer, but as you note its not listed on the CGC label.

it is his very first work back when he was interning at Marvel, so its not surprising that he isnt credited in the book...

it certainly would be an interesting conversation topic with him when he's signing it though...[like what was it like pitching an idea to Roy Thomas?]

When I realized I had him and Adams in one place at the same time, I searched for a book they both worked on and UXM 59 was the only one I saw....nabbed one today for them both to sign.

looking thru the db there arent many Claremont/Adams overlaps.

that may be the lone and best one!