• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 May 16 - 17 Vintage Comics & Comic Art Signature Auction

348 posts in this topic

I love the color on this cover, but WTF? I have never had a clue if there is actually something understandable going on. Is there any narrative to this piece, or do it just look cool? Is that Forge and Jean there, and why is he between her legs? Why does Cloak look like a small couch? If that is Forge, wtf is he doing?

Again, this is a great cover and I may even bid on it. But I have no clue as to the meaning of the content.

The Miller page with Clark and Bruce has Hunt The Dark Knight as the title of the book. That page with Carrie and Bruce and this Superman one are stellar pieces from this book.

And no picture yet, but a Golden illustration of Dr. Strange. Ooh boy, I got no money for this right now!

I love the color on this cover, but WTF? I have never had a clue if there is actually something understandable going on. Is there any narrative to this piece, or do it just look cool? Is that Forge and Jean there, and why is he between her legs? Why does Cloak look like a small couch? If that is Forge, wtf is he doing?

Isn't that Sunspot and Wolfsbane (not Forge and Jean)?

And no picture yet, but a Golden illustration of Dr. Strange. Ooh boy, I got no money for this right now!

Patience is a virue (sic)? (shrug)

that would certainly make sense, so sure, I can see it.

that would certainly make sense, so sure, I can see it.

It's Sunspot and Illyana Rasputin (Magik)

Can anyone speak to the ownership of these Wizard Magazine covers, from the Gareb Shamus?

I am a little hesitant to bid on any artwork from Wizard, if there is any question whether these pieces were on loan, and are not owned by the magazine.

Any clue?

I recall Mike Wieringo being very negative about his experiences with Wizard art returns (they didn't happen?)

Just looked through the latest update for the auction and there's just too much awesome stuff hitting the market. I see probably a dozen lots that I'd be interested in if they had been spread out over time, but, since they're hitting all at once, I'll probably end up focusing on 3 or 4 of them and hope to win 1 or 2. :wishluck:

Just looked through the latest update for the auction and there's just too much awesome stuff hitting the market. I see probably a dozen lots that I'd be interested in if they had been spread out over time, but, since they're hitting all at once, I'll probably end up focusing on 3 or 4 of them and hope to win 1 or 2. :wishluck:

+1 - :wishluck: I'm not bidding on what Gene is bidding on. :grin:

I am so with you on this, I don't know why the auction house wouldn't hold some back for the next auction....not only am I going to pass on some that I'd normally go for it dilutes the market and seems to me to be a bit counter intuitive. On a positive note i have no doubt there will be some nice deals that sneak through.

I like it this way. It means, for example, 50 people get some art instead of a few people getting 50 pieces of art. And most all of us could stand a little discipline and this type of situation forces us to prioritize, which is always a good thing.