• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lazarus - New Image book by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark

696 posts in this topic

Poison Part III is out today!

Here's a great write-up from cover artist Owen Freeman on his creative process for this issue's cover. I had a chance to see the original art at a show prior to publication and noticed how the gun had changed positions. Funny enough, the original art also looked like Forever might be drowning (this was before Poison even started).

http://www.owenfreeman.com/24houremergency/2015/9/1/lazarus-nineteen

Is the new AMC show "Into the Badlands" a ripoff of Lazarus or what? There are tons of elements in common from the trailer. This might crush any hope of seeing Lazarus in another medium

I've watched the trailer for Badlands and didn't think this at all. I thought it was more along the lines of Mortal Kombat.

AAAAARRRRRR May!

might as well put the plan here where we can find it easily

January - Nadda

February - TPB Book 4 (Poison)

March - Nadda

April - The Lazarus Sourcebook, Vol 1: Carlyle (Collection of information, schematics, and other such items designed to further explicate and expand the world of Year X)

May - New Arc starts ( Cull)

May - Hardcover; Lazarus: The Second Collection ( Issues 10 through 21, new map)

We are finishing our fourth arc. I think we will pick up more readership. I think we will pick up more readership when the television stuff goes through. I think the book is sustainable, and Michael and I have no intention of stopping.

We are going to finish this story one way or another. And that’s not doom and gloom. Fifteen thousand a month is good. It would be nice to have higher numbers. I would happily take Kelly Sue DeConnick numbers. But I think one of the things that– Lazarus isn’t for everyone. Black Magick isn’t for everyone. Stumptown isn’t for everyone.

G.D.: How long is the plan for Lazarus?

Greg: Issue 20 just got locked for printing. The arc ends with 21. We have another 80 to 130 issues to print. I plan on going 100 to 150 on this. We are sort of at the end of the first act now, and that was the other — you needed to be patient with Lazarus. You didn’t get everything you needed until the end of the third arc. You had to see the Carlyles and you had meet the Barretts so you can see the structure, and you had to see Conclave, so you can see that this is the world, and this is how the world is changing. Only at that point really had I put all of the pieces in play.

Awesome interview by the way