• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R2 Day2 at the Megacon posted by bagofleas

9 posts in this topic

Crazy!!

Well day two is over at the Megacon and what a day! It was three times more crowded today than it was yesterday!

I got Patrick Stewarts signature this morning and will get Jonathan Frakes tomorrow since he only showed up today just in time for the Star Trek Special event this evening. He will be doing signings tomorrow.

It was fantastic seeing all nine original cast members of ST TNG and DeLancie all together in one place at the same time!!!

I am waiting until tomorrow to inquire about all my comics at CGC. I did not want to pick any up that were finished tonight and have to keep them in my car while I attended the Special event. I am waiting with great anticipation at all of my results!

I did a lot of shopping around and comic box searching today. I picked up a beautiful copy of Thunderbolts 9 to have framed along with my original art of the first page splash from the same issue that I had signed by Mark Bagley yesterday.

I also got to take a bunch of pictures that I was not able to do yesterday due to my signature spree!

Below is me with an R2 D2 unit that was built to life size proportions and perfectly functioning with all the movements and sounds of the real thing.

I know. Dorky but neat!

13252.jpg

See more journals by bagofleas

Hey, very cool! I was there today too, and it was the busiest, most jammed I've ever seen a convention.

I decided to get something done by Doug Sneyd, who's famous for the Playboy cartoons he did since 1964. He felt a bit disconnected from some of the fans, and he wasn't up on most modern characters, but he was cool. I asked him to do a Black Cat drawing and I had to bring him pictures and provide him with info, but I loved what he did!

Now I'll have to wait till it comes back from CGC

photo_zpsfaf6d00f.jpg

Crazy!!

Well day two is over at the Megacon and what a day! It was three times more crowded today than it was yesterday!

I got Patrick Stewarts signature this morning and will get Jonathan Frakes tomorrow since he only showed up today just in time for the Star Trek Special event this evening. He will be doing signings tomorrow.

It was fantastic seeing all nine original cast members of ST TNG and DeLancie all together in one place at the same time!!!

I am waiting until tomorrow to inquire about all my comics at CGC. I did not want to pick any up that were finished tonight and have to keep them in my car while I attended the Special event. I am waiting with great anticipation at all of my results!

I did a lot of shopping around and comic box searching today. I picked up a beautiful copy of Thunderbolts 9 to have framed along with my original art of the first page splash from the same issue that I had signed by Mark Bagley yesterday.

I also got to take a bunch of pictures that I was not able to do yesterday due to my signature spree!

Below is me with an R2 D2 unit that was built to life size proportions and perfectly functioning with all the movements and sounds of the real thing.

I know. Dorky but neat!

13252.jpg

See more journals by bagofleas

Ok we have to meet - I have that shirt (spidey), and that hairdo. Glad you're having fun, can't wit to hear your grades tomorrow.Lee K

Thanks for sharing the pic and the update on your con experience! Looks and sounds like you had a great time. Nothing dorky about it. I was just telling my teenage sons today, there is no such thing as "geeks", "cool" people, or "normal" people...we're all just people. There is however a distinct difference between nice people and not so nice people, no matter what walk of life you come from. Im glad most here fall under the nice category. :)

sig.jpg

What do you mean no grades? You're killing me smalls. Seriously though, I'm glad you're having a good time. I look forward to hearing more about it tomorrow.

Tnerb