• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone in the Long island/NYC area want some Nick Cage Frames?

22 posts in this topic

There's an auction for five of Nick Cages custom made frames for his collection. They cost about $400 when he had them built, and would cost about $600 today. I'd like three of them, which leaves two for anyone that wants them. You can have two at my exact cost.

Please PM me if interested.

Do you know if the glass UV-coated? I'm also assuming these were designed for non-slabbed, GA size books?

This is what the CC auction said when i bought mine. I dont know if mine is EXACTLY the same as what Shad is looking at but all the ones i;ve seen so far are the same (shrug)

Are you looking for a sophisticated way to display your treasured comic books? We are delighted to offer this handsome, hand-crafted, expertly stained and finished Comic Book Gallery Display Frame designed to hold a treasured favorite from your vintage comic collection.

We knew these would be beautiful, but we were surprised as to how high-end, well-made, and just plain nice these are. Not only will these protect your comic from damaging UV rays, but they are beautiful and will leave a lasting impression on your guests, even your least pop-cultured friends and relatives.

These frames were originally custom-crafted for the actor Nicolas Cage to display his impressive vintage comic collection in his Beverly Hills mansion. At the time, they were sold for $400 each, and today would cost approximately $600 to have made. Each is crafted with UV protected plexiglass. The shadow box frames open to insert comic books. Inner-wells are sized for a large comic book fortress, but may be easily customized to hold and display comics in mylars, as well as Golden, Silver and Bronze Age CGC holders. The matting display window is 10-1/8" x 7-1/4"and may be recut or replaced by a framer. The wood is believed to be stained maple. Frames come unlocked, as the lockset would need a new key or to be replaced. Each frame also includes a wired pressure-sensor, which may be connected to an alarm system. U.S. domestic FedEx Ground shipping will be $25. International rates, please inquire.

Do you know if the glass UV-coated? I'm also assuming these were designed for non-slabbed, GA size books?

Oh and i dont remember exactly what i did but i remember it only took me like 2 minutes to rig it so a SA slab fit inside it (thumbs u

According to Metropolis, they are.

The auction is being held by them and ends just after midnite tonite. There are two lots. One is for one frame, the other is for five frames. I'm assuming the cost per frame in the five frame will be cheaper, so I'm looking to split the lot. shipping will get expensive, hence the local option is preferred.

Did the one you bought come with any sort of COA stating it was from Cages collection? I own quite a few of his Avengers run and one of them in a frame might be a nice package to sell.

According to Metropolis, they are.

The auction is being held by them and ends just after midnite tonite. There are two lots. One is for one frame, the other is for five frames. I'm assuming the cost per frame in the five frame will be cheaper, so I'm looking to split the lot. shipping will get expensive, hence the local option is preferred.

Did the one you bought come with any sort of COA stating it was from Cages collection? I own quite a few of his Avengers run and one of them in a frame might be a nice package to sell.

I'm trying to remember but i dont think it came with any COA. I could be wrong though but i dont think it did hm

Whats the price at the moment on the 1 and 5 lots?

I remember what i paid and it was WELL over what i thought my max bid would be. I convinced myself i REALLY wanted it to display a certain book and the bidding was definitely more robust than i thought it would be. Of course, the book i bought it for isnt even the book i display in it now :facepalm:

Hmmmm

The 5 is definitely running cheap right now. The single lot is getting fairly close to what i paid for my single. When i bought mine, the bidding was under $100 i believe until extended bidding started and then it just went on and on and on and on and on........... :frustrated:

Oh and i dont remember exactly what i did but i remember it only took me like 2 minutes to rig it so a SA slab fit inside it (thumbs u

Thanks, they are really nice. Usually uv-coated glass leaves a purplish hue when it reflects light at certain angles. It's subtle so you have to look. Unless its Tru Vue which if I'm not mistaken uses a glazing process which might not produce the above effect, but is museum grade glass.

This was the other pic in my auction if it helps anyone out (shrug)

On a side note, since i'm for some reason doing shads work for him, am i getting a cut of this??? hm

frame2.jpg

I see the couches and carpet drained all the purple hue from the frames :eek:

Kidding aside, the construction on those frames looks fantastic!