• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess The Grade FINAL RULES

167 posts in this topic

GRADING ROUNDS:

There will be as many rounds of grading as is needed for a team to get to 12 points. Each round will begin with a new thread consisting of front and back scans of each book to be graded. The deadline for teams to have their grades submitted to ultimatevenom will also be posted. There should be no posting in this thread during the round of grading. Once the deadline has passed, nikos61 will post the grade of that rounds book as well as current tallies. Once that has been posted then teams may feel free to post in that thread.

GRADE SUBMITTING:

Teams should discuss the grade of the books via PM. Once a consensus has been reached among the team, the captain will PM ultimatevenom with their guess. Only one guess per team. Once submitted, the guess can not be changed. Teams are allowed to PM nikos61 with questions regarding the book for that round, answers will be sent via PM to the requester.

Each correct answer will be worth 1 point. All answers off by 1 grade will be given ½ a point. All other answers will be worth 0 points. All points are cumulative, and the winner will be the first team to reach 12 points. In the event one or more teams have 12 points at the same time, a tie-breaker will determine the winner.

TIE-BREAKER:

When one or more teams have the same point total at the end of the contest, a tie-breaker will occur. Similar to a regular round, the tie-breaker will consist of a grade-off. Scans of a book will be presented to the tie-breaker teams. The team that gets closest to the actual grade will be deemed the winner. (For example: Team A and Team B each are involved in the tie-breaker. The book used for the tie-breaker is actually an 8.5 grade. Team A guesses 9.2, and Team B guesses 7.0. Team A is 2 grades off, while Team B is 3 grades off. So Team A would win the tie-breaker.)

If the result of the tie-breaker is still a tie, another book will be presented until a winner is determined.

No more will be heard about the rules, if you see anymore posts in this thread it will not be the changing of rules just merely a graemlin hijack 893frustrated.gif

STARTING TIME AND TIME RULES

First book will be posted Saturday around 1:00 PM EST.

Rounds will close when Nikos posts the grade, this will be three days from the starting time.

UV,

When is the starting date?

Is it too late for me to join up? confused-smiley-013.gif

When was the sign up? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How come I never heard about this grading contest before today? sumo.gif

ok..ok.. I know ..I know.... back to work I go... sorry.gif.. no need to get out your Mallet out makepoint.gif

Wanted to wish everyone GL on the contest... thumbsup2.gif

P.S.

On the off chance it takes 2 years or more for a team to reach a score of 12 points?.... is there a deadline/cutoff ?

Perhaps you should have 100 comics ready to judge.. and at the end of that 100 if no team has 12 points.. whoever has most points wins.. etc..

Z

UV,

When is the starting date?

Is it too late for me to join up? confused-smiley-013.gif

When was the sign up? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How come I never heard about this grading contest before today? sumo.gif

ok..ok.. I know ..I know.... back to work I go... sorry.gif.. no need to get out your Mallet out makepoint.gif

Wanted to wish everyone GL on the contest... thumbsup2.gif

P.S.

On the off chance it takes 2 years or more for a team to reach a score of 12 points?.... is there a deadline/cutoff ?

Perhaps you should have 100 comics ready to judge.. and at the end of that 100 if no team has 12 points.. whoever has most points wins.. etc..

Z

We have enough comics to last us for the contest duration, don't you worry.

Now, get back to work mad.gifmakepoint.gif

Each correct answer will be worth 1 point. All answers off by 1 grade will be given ½ a point.

Now we have a fighting chance! grin.gif

I'm the best here at being off by one grade! cloud9.gif

Each correct answer will be worth 1 point. All answers off by 1 grade will be given ½ a point.

Now I have a fighting chance! grin.gif

It is a team game you know mad.gif

GRADING ROUNDS:

There should be no posting in this thread during the round of grading.

What happens if a team member DOES post in the thread?

Jim

That team will get 0 points that round

Unless it's something important right?

Like the scan is not loading, or maybe the link is broke... confused-smiley-013.gif

Now I have a fighting chance! grin.gif

It is a team game you know mad.gif

27_laughing.gif I should have said "we". blush.gif

But most of my teamates like Peter tend to undergrade by a notch or two too. smirk.gif

GRADING ROUNDS:

Jim

Like the scan is not loading, or maybe the link is broke... confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, you can post IF the scans don't show up.

But nothing else.

GRADING ROUNDS:

Jim

But nothing else.

Can I comment on the QP? devil.gif

GRADING ROUNDS:

Jim

But nothing else.

But what if my balls itch? confused-smiley-013.gif