• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden-age CRIME and HORROR including Crime Suspenstories #22 on eBay this week

2 posts in this topic

Hello there, I thought some of you might be interested to know I'm auctioning a bunch of Golden-Age crime and horror stuff this week. The auctions end the evening of Sunday, March 24.

Here's the link to my eBay auctions, also under the name I use here, Doohickamabob.

Highlights include CRIME SUSPENSTORIES #22 (notorious ax beheading cover), which I thought would be fun to auction starting at 99 cents (as do most of the other comics).

I'm also looking forward to finding out how much MYSTERY TALES #40 goes for. That's the Atlas comic that became a hot issue when it was used in an episode of the TV show "Lost."

Some other highlights are TRUE CRIME #1 (Wally Wood's first artwork in a comic book), CHAMBER OF CHILLS #19 (classic blonde/skull-in-a-glass cover), HORRIFIC #2 (cool pre-code puppets & demons cover), PUNCH #11, a SHADOW comic, the CLUE #2 crime comic with the sadistic iron-torture cover, numerous other crime titles like EXPOSED #1, and a rare WATCHMEN portfolio with signatures by Alan Moore and John Gibbons.

Even if you aren't interested in bidding, several of these auctions should be fun to watch.

135782.jpg.1aa3defcc4bf13a810ad529c234edd1e.jpg