• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superior Spider-Man in DD 21 - Why not notated by CGC?

69 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

https://www.cbr.com/avenging-spider-man-15-1/

"....the end of “Amazing Spider-Man” #700 left us with essentially a new character who had, in the classic Spider-Man tradition, learned a lesson about responsibility."

And yes continuity DOES matter. Comic books are by their very nature a sequential story telling medium. Pedantic arguments for a "first appearance" rather than substantive ones almost always look agenda driven. 

-J.

From the link you provided.

"One of only two Marvel comics released this week, “Avenging Spider-Man” #15.1 by Chris Yost and Paco Medina gives readers their first look at the new, improved, “Superior” Spider-Man, as he sets about taking over the role he has inherited."

Edited by WhatMeWorry

3 minutes ago, WhatMeWorry said:

From the link you provided.

"One of only two Marvel comics released this week, “Avenging Spider-Man” #15.1 by Chris Yost and Paco Medina gives readers their first look at the new, improved, “Superior” Spider-Man, as he sets about taking over the role he has inherited."

Yes, referring to the costume he puts together in Avenging (which, again, we actually have already seen in an out of continuity cameo in DD 21 as well as in a flash forward in ASM 700).

-J.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Yes, referring to the costume he puts together in Avenging (which, again, we actually have already seen in an out of continuity cameo in DD 21 as well as in a flash forward in ASM 700).

-J.

You never see the costume in DD #21, and he's not named

2 hours ago, divad said:
11 hours ago, I like pie said:

Although I find it unlikely anyone on these forums has never attempted to have a civil debate with this kid or at least witness one, I'll make it simple. If you don't agree with Jay's opinion, which also happens to always be fact , than you're a stupid person.

Jay who? (shrug)

I get it - you mean this Jay: Someone with no agenda whatsoever . . .