• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

Wait, if I sell something on the bay I'm now responsible for searching the internet to make sure correct sale price information is posted by other people?

Sounds reasonable.

Edited by ygogolak

1 hour ago, mycomicshop said:

Yeah, I don't get that either. When you sell on eBay your obligation is to the customer and your handling of the transaction. You don't assume responsibility for quality control of a third party for-profit service.

In our case we were able to do more and we did, because why not it's a nice thing to do, but I don't consider it any seller's responsibility to provide additional help to any data services that might be picking up their eBay transactions.

You are one of the largest dealers on the web.  

A certain quote from Amazing Fantasy 15 comes to mind.  (thumbsu

-J.

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

You are one of the largest dealers on the web.  

A certain quote from Amazing Fantasy 15 comes to mind.  (thumbsu

-J.

How prominent a dealer they are is irrelevant. Unless MCS has a business relationship with GPA then they are under no obligation to play watchdog over GPA's data. It is the responsibility of GPA and the platform they have developed (and charge to access) that the data they provide is accurate and up-to-date.  

Since you don't sell books on eBay, as you've made abundantly clear to the board several times, you should probably stop telling others how to do so. Since you have also demonstrated a total inability to even understand how eBay marks listings as sold vs ended (and who has the ability to make the distinction, hint: it isn't the seller) you should probably familiarize yourself with the platform before throwing out allegations of impropriety regarding its use. And if you ARE going to throw out allegations of impropriety you should probably not then proceed to deny doing so to not only several board members who call you out for it, but also the concerned entity itself. 

49 minutes ago, darkstar said:

How prominent a dealer they are is irrelevant. Unless MCS has a business relationship with GPA then they are under no obligation to play watchdog over GPA's data. It is the responsibility of GPA and the platform they have developed (and charge to access) that the data they provide is accurate and up-to-date.  

Since you don't sell books on eBay, as you've made abundantly clear to the board several times, you should probably stop telling others how to do so. Since you have also demonstrated a total inability to even understand how eBay marks listings as sold vs ended (and who has the ability to make the distinction, hint: it isn't the seller) you should probably familiarize yourself with the platform before throwing out allegations of impropriety regarding its use. And if you ARE going to throw out allegations of impropriety you should probably not then proceed to deny doing so to not only several board members who call you out for it, but also the concerned entity itself. 

But.... then he wouldn't have anything to post about....

On 5/29/2018 at 5:43 AM, Foley said:
On 5/28/2018 at 8:53 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Business must be bad.

I'm flattered to be taking up so much space in your head in the meantime.  

And FTR, mycomicshop STILL is a facilitator of fake eBay sales via eBay. They knew it and acknowledged it then, which is why they took the time to respond to my post and clarify how their site was being gamed to artificially fix the market. They've gotten more aggressive about scrubbing those fake sales when they find out about them (like they did with the one I correctly pointed out as being fake in my original post) since then but it still happens more than it should.  

Carry on. 

-J.

@mycomicshop

I wonder why Jaydog's post was removed? lol

Glad you guys quoted it for posterity so that people can continue to see how cancerous he is to this site.

How my business is doing has NOTHING to do with the fact that you make things up about reputable people.

For the record, it wasn't my intention to drag Conan / My Comic Shop through this again but I do consider Conan one of the good guys and can't stand it when people make things up about good people (as he has continued to do) so I felt the need to call Jaydogrules out on it because nobody else did.

I wonder how long the moderators will allow Jaydogrules to post contentiously and also demean good standing boardies.

Edited by VintageComics

My copy. I was always curious the long term importance of this character. Is she here to stay? I think so. I do not like this cover but really like Harley the character so it was a must have for the PC! 

BE34DCB2-7326-40AD-91DF-A6058EC9B72E.jpeg

Does the debut of Punchline de-value Harley and all your comics posted in this thread?  Since Punchline is basically Harley v2.   And Punchline beat up Harley in recent issues, spoilers.  Does this signal a Harley revamp?  When they can create ANY other type of character, why would they publish a Harley v2?  I don't get it.  

With Punchline it is too early to tell.  Soon, Harley will kick her butt because DC has a lot invested in Harley and she is still popular.  They are launching a Harley digital series.  So as of right now, Harley is ok... but if Punchline takes over for Joker after Joker War... who knows.  

On 7/16/2020 at 9:54 PM, Falcon760 said:

Does the debut of Punchline de-value Harley and all your comics posted in this thread?  Since Punchline is basically Harley v2.   And Punchline beat up Harley in recent issues, spoilers.  Does this signal a Harley revamp?  When they can create ANY other type of character, why would they publish a Harley v2?  I don't get it.  

As long as Margo Robbie plays  as Harley, she will stay. 

Organized 3 long boxes of a randomized collection of Batman titles, Punisher, Groo, and a few others. Some still in Diamond distro boxes, all 1991-1993 so not the best years. At about two and a half into it...

image.png.05e8e126f997b7719aa5cb0a60a903ee.png

About every 50 books or so there would be a Batman Adventures 5 or 11 or 7 or 16. Then came the 12 at a sharp NM+

0BD955EB-4698-47AF-88C2-19FC45A58B5E.thumb.jpeg.2889a2a198efb58335ddb01b774b7642.jpeg

Edited by ft88