• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

The last sale on GPA was $2151. So that's 2 strong sales in a row.

I am expecting it to hit $2500 closer to the Suicide Squad movie. Hopefully they put Harley in the BvS movie as well. I do not want to see a solo flick for the character yet. Just include her here and there and then do a solo flick later if warranted.

The crash on this book is going to be epic.
Margo Robbie is signed on for 10 years as Harley. CGC 9.8s are not coming out of the woodwork in droves. We've yet to see a 9.9. Sit tight enjoy the ride. BA12 wont end up with your Beanie Baby collection any time soon

Was it a newsstand or direct copy?

Direct.

Newsstand copies are common in the lower grades but EXTREMELY tough above 9.4.

Here are some Newsstand v Direct stats from Ebay.

Out of all the BA #12's in 9.6 & 9.8 either currently listed or coming up on the SOLD search:

Direct = 62

Newsstand = 1

9.6's currently listed - 10 out of 10 Direct

9.6's SOLD - 24 of 25 Direct

9.8's currently listed - 9 out of 9 Direct

9.8's SOLD - 19 of 19 Direct

I am about to sell a Newsstand 9.8 and will be placing a premium WELL above current GPA.

It'll crash proportionately with the rest of the industry next time there's a downturn, but I think it & NM98 are the 2 "there's a truckload of them out there but the character is forever cemented into the comic landscape to a degree rarely seen with post-Silver Age characters not named Wolverine & will always have buyers" in the way that only a handful of books can be in each era.

And like every book not named Action 1 or Tec27, will inevitably have a downturn eventually every so often. It's just a question of degree. 90's style crash where in the late 90's or early 00's, you could find reasonably priced books (relatively speaking) to their highs, it might get down as low as $500 or so. But it'll have 1 thing going for it that even NM98 or Hulk 181 or whatever doesn't have... a low print run comparatively speaking. Much lower than most of the other key bronze/copper/moderns out there.

It'll likely never be a $10 book or even a $50 book again, but it'll go down eventually when everything else inevitably does at some point in the future. It'll probably just lose slightly less value than the rest of the market does.

It'll crash proportionately with the rest of the industry next time there's a downturn, but I think it & NM98 are the 2 "there's a truckload of them out there but the character is forever cemented into the comic landscape to a degree rarely seen with post-Silver Age characters not named Wolverine & will always have buyers" in the way that only a handful of books can be in each era.

And like every book not named Action 1 or Tec27, will inevitably have a downturn eventually every so often. It's just a question of degree. 90's style crash where in the late 90's or early 00's, you could find reasonably priced books (relatively speaking) to their highs, it might get down as low as $500 or so. But it'll have 1 thing going for it that even NM98 or Hulk 181 or whatever doesn't have... a low print run comparatively speaking. Much lower than most of the other key bronze/copper/moderns out there.

It'll likely never be a $10 book or even a $50 book again, but it'll go down eventually when everything else inevitably does at some point in the future. It'll probably just lose slightly less value than the rest of the market does.

The big knock on this book is that it does not actually feature any character's first appearance.

It is therefore more akin to a Transformers 1 than it is a NM 98 in terms of significance and relevance. It is for this reason that the book is massively over valued (not even getting into the routine shilling that goes on with it).

-J.

The big knock on this book is that it does not actually feature any character's first appearance.

It is therefore more akin to a Transformers 1 than it is a NM 98 in terms of significance and relevance.

-J.

Oh :censored:

Harley Quinn is around to stay. Why would it crash opposed to any other 1st character app? She's on fire and only getting hotter.

Movie hype. (thumbs u

Yup. Superheroes are forever. lol

(shrug) Am I the only one who doesn't see anything remotely close to an epic crash on this book? Ever.

Same here I see alot of corrections etc in the future . But this book for some reason has the look and feel of a winner. The character is so well liked and popular and thats before the movies.Easily the top Modern book. I said it before its the Modern hulk 181 or copper ASM 300 / NM 98. Super key .

(shrug) Am I the only one who doesn't see anything remotely close to an epic crash on this book? Ever.

Same here I see alot of corrections etc in the future . But this book for some reason has the look and feel of a winner. The character is so well liked and popular and thats before the movies.Easily the top Modern book. I said it before its the Modern hulk 181 or copper ASM 300 / NM 98. Super key .

Except all of those books feature actual first (full) appearances. :baiting:

-J.

Except all of those books feature actual first (full) appearances. :baiting:

-J.

So what book features her first full appearance? :baiting:

TV Guide

:banana:

:roflmao:

Point being she's an adaptation from a cartoon, not an original comic book creation. Like the Transformers.

-J.