• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

What's with the tulip mania enveloping this book? I see an awful lot of hype coming from board members who are known to own a copy. hm
Potential money maker. No brainer (thumbs u

I own a copy myself but I just don't think it's worth the current going prices. Same with NM98 and all the other mass produced 90's books. I remember seeing all these books on the stands as a teenager and it all seems like yesterday, so maybe it's because I'm not thinking that it's been 20 years and over now so nostalgia is kicking in for some people.. I understand the demand is there, but will that ever exceed the supply?

Its been 20 years since Harley was created. DC has IMO brought her along slow and obviously hasnt given up on her. Through the early years she has generated young fans through the TV Series. She has also made many appearances and has quite a few covers in comics, not to mention her own 1-38 run. There is a new series of Harley to begin approx next month or so. Her lenticular cover is one of the more popular. And when finally a big star is cast to play her in the next Batman movie :wishluck: ....well than you will be happy you got in now rather than after that news breaks. Harley is very marketable and has a larger than fan boy only fan club. She is a likeable villain. But go ahead look past the writing on the wall that isnt there yet.

For a common 90s book it is relatively hard to find even in LCS back stock. The first copy I have seen at a local show in two years was at the Calgary Expo in April. The seller was asking $200 for a raw copy that was likely only VF/NM (if that). I did not see it at his table at the show a couple of weeks ago so I am assuming it sold. While everyone has a few NM 98s at shows, you do not see BA 12s that often up here. My guess - the fact that it was Batman Adventures meant that a lot of collectors passed on it initially.

Is anyone aware of what the print run was on this book?

Edited by kimik

not sure of the print run, and I believe your observations from the great white north, but at last weeks Cincy Expo, I walked the floor and saw quite a few copies, didn't bother to check prices, but I feel the book is still very easy to find at least in some areas.

A) It's Batman Adventures...a title ignored for a long time, if not still

B) People who bought it off the stands didn't take proper care for it

C) Batman, Joker and Harley have to be the most revered/popular characters in the DC universe right now

D) Try finding a high grade newstand :wishluck:

Jim

my contact tells me they only printed 10,000 or less of the Norwegian version of Batman Adventures #12. population over there is roughly 5 million...

a rare little gem if you can locate one. Im trying to source as many as i can...

Your network of sources can never be proven wrong. They are unflappable. Same source as the never-known-to-exist Superman book? :wishluck:

The item description to the seller's feedback history looks very, very fishy.

The listing definitely appears suspicious. It also looks as though the same possible shill bidders for this listing are from the same accounts that left this seller prior positive feedback. Also, the listing claims the book is professionally graded with no indication of that in the pictures.

Check out this on-going ebay auction for a 9.8 CGC (Blue). Just amazing. The auction just started (at $250) and has 14 bids and is over $500 already with 6d+ to go!! Boy is the book RED hot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Adventures-12-CGC-9-8-WHITE-Pages-1st-Harley-Quinn-1993-DC-id-9766-/360756052847?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item53febc836f

Check out this on-going ebay auction for a 9.8 CGC (Blue). Just amazing. The auction just started (at $250) and has 14 bids and is over $500 already with 6d+ to go!! Boy is the book RED hot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Adventures-12-CGC-9-8-WHITE-Pages-1st-Harley-Quinn-1993-DC-id-9766-/360756052847?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item53febc836f

This sale should pry more books out of collectors hands :banana:

This sale should pry more books out of collectors hands :banana:

I'm definitely tempted to part with my 9.8 after seeing this, but I'm too much of a Harley fan and I think this book only has room to grow.

I have a BA#12 SS CGC 9.4 and a straight-up Blue CGC 9.6 and also wonder if I should sell one. Not sure how much either would fetch. I bought them both in the last month. I agree there seems to be legs with this book.

I also recently purchased a VF+ Batman Family #6 (1st Joker's Daughter) and wonder if that book will follow BA#12 in terms of market demand/increase.