• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

The price keeps creeping upward. I wouldn't wait too long.

I agree. I waited, thinking...Oh, there will be plenty of them around. At the time it was only a hundred dollar book. Then....Bang !...It jumped to 250-300.....I ended up shelling out $300 for my 9.8, but I suppose it could have been worse. Seems to be picking up steam.

The price keeps creeping upward. I wouldn't wait too long.

I agree. I waited, thinking...Oh, there will be plenty of them around. At the time it was only a hundred dollar book. Then....Bang !...It jumped to 250-300.....I ended up shelling out $300 for my 9.8, but I suppose it could have been worse. Seems to be picking up steam.

Wonder what a 9.9 would bring, being that there are none yet? I've had some sweet copies, but probably not 9.9 worthy.

$350 for a 9.8 ?...That's the most I've seen so far. If a 9.9 showed up and it was the only one, I think $2500 is on the low side.

Look at some examples :

The last Walking Dead 1 9.9 sold for $10K, despite there being more than one. The first New Mutants 98 in 9.9 sold for $12K, even though 9.8s are in the $300-350 range.

The first 9.9 BA 12, if one ever showed up would be big bucks. There's no shortage of Harley Quinn fans

I was not aware there was such a huge jump in sales prices from a 9.8 to a 9.9 on modern keys.

A fool and his money.... :P

Seriously though, I've been rather surprised by the jump recently for this book. I just bought a ton of 90s overstock that's been sitting in storage for 20 years, so I'm hoping to find a few. :wishluck:

I was not aware there was such a huge jump in sales prices from a 9.8 to a 9.9 on modern keys.

A fool and his money.... :P

Seriously though, I've been rather surprised by the jump recently for this book. I just bought a ton of 90s overstock that's been sitting in storage for 20 years, so I'm hoping to find a few. :wishluck:

I'm not surprised about her growing popularity, and it probably be a $3000K book in 9.9. Good luck finding those. That'll be a sweet score. They are still hiding in dollar boxes for the moment, but like NM 98 it won't last forever.

You been hidin' under a rock? JK. :baiting: Seriously though, copper/modern books can go for huge amounts in 9.9 over there 9.8 counterparts. There are slight differences in the two , for sure. I've seen enough of them to tell, and some people would see a stress mark, or a fleck of paint to be negligible, but some just want the very best at any cost. It's just a different kind of collector. To each their own. I understand both points of view. Maybe they wipe their aZz with hundred dollar bills, or have OCD issues. Who knows? It certainly makes me hunt them down for a nice jackpot. I find it soothing. :)

What's with the tulip mania enveloping this book? I see an awful lot of hype coming from board members who are known to own a copy. hm
Potential money maker. No brainer (thumbs u

I own a copy myself but I just don't think it's worth the current going prices. Same with NM98 and all the other mass produced 90's books. I remember seeing all these books on the stands as a teenager and it all seems like yesterday, so maybe it's because I'm not thinking that it's been 20 years and over now so nostalgia is kicking in for some people.. I understand the demand is there, but will that ever exceed the supply?

What's with the tulip mania enveloping this book? I see an awful lot of hype coming from board members who are known to own a copy. hm
Potential money maker. No brainer (thumbs u

I own a copy myself but I just don't think it's worth the current going prices. Same with NM98 and all the other mass produced 90's books. I remember seeing all these books on the stands as a teenager and it all seems like yesterday, so maybe it's because I'm not thinking that it's been 20 years and over now so nostalgia is kicking in for some people.. I understand the demand is there, but will that ever exceed the supply?

Given the popularity of Harley Quinn as well as the fixture she's become in the DC Universe, I think BA 12 is somewhat of an undervalued key book, particularly high grade copies. Graded CGC 9.8 copies only surface for sale every so often and for being a fairly common book, there's only around 100 in 9.8 with none graded higher. I think demand will generally exceed the supply for this book in high grade and I wouldn't be surprised to see the market value continue to trend upward for that reason.