• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival STORY/ISSUE/ART Only Thread

153 posts in this topic

NO!! I'm not done with my registry yet. :baiting::shy:

Hey, I got a long way to go too! I just meant #1! (thumbs u

lol Heck when I get done with my registry the prices will have gone up and back down again a few hundred times. :frustrated:

Well it's been 4 days..

I really liked the last issue. Lots of action. Drama. I don't really want an answer as to why right now as long as the story keeps up as it is. A+ for me. (thumbs u

i have only just read 9, looking forward to 10 from what everyone is saying. I love how much is going on simultaneously in 9. Just wish comic producers could leave their lefty politics out of things. Some of the ridiculous stereotypes in 9 are so mind-numbingly false it actually detracts from the story.

Stereotypes, even wrong ones, are always a crutch for bad writing. There are lots of good characters in Revival, I wish Seeley could be a little more creative and less partisan.

Edited by CBT

Don't you get the feeling that the revival "outbreak" will eventually completely spill out into the world and outside of Rothschild?! hm I mean, the Check brothers selling "miracle meat" around the world and the slow change in the Revivers...maybe their bodies are fine and stronger but their brains are starting to make them :insane: Maybe that would explain the "bleeding" from the eyes instead of tears?

And when the "miracle meat" finds it way into new bodies, it'll spread like a disease.

That coupled with

the scene at the end of #11 with Anders on a bus...?

So, I would guess that the small contained incident will soon take a larger stage? Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Tiger Topher said:

Are we allowed to discuss the Revival movie in this thread?

It was looking decent up to the point where the "ghost" showed up.  I'm assuming this will be a straight to DVD movie and I liked the book enough to give it a shot. 

13 minutes ago, ebtorres said:

It was looking decent up to the point where the "ghost" showed up.  I'm assuming this will be a straight to DVD movie and I liked the book enough to give it a shot. 

I actually had no problem with that effect - I felt the music was tone deaf to the subject matter / narration.

10 minutes ago, ebtorres said:

Production only begins in 2018, so the footage is probably more of a proof of concept. I assume the final product will look a bit better.

I read the entire story and I'm glad I stuck with it.  I still don't understand what happened to this title.  The first year it was out it received a lot of interest on this site.  A lot of investors were pouring money into this title.   If I recall the first issue was selling for $70 in CGC 9.8 condition and a CGC 10 copy sold for over $7,000 (I'm 90% sure this number is correct).

5 minutes ago, raybowles said:

I read the entire story and I'm glad I stuck with it.  I still don't understand what happened to this title.  The first year it was out it received a lot of interest on this site.  A lot of investors were pouring money into this title.   If I recall the first issue was selling for $70 in CGC 9.8 condition and a CGC 10 copy sold for over $7,000 (I'm 90% sure this number is correct).

There was early television news, but then it didn't happen, and speculators dumped stock and ran for the hills.