• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival STORY/ISSUE/ART Only Thread

153 posts in this topic

--------------------------

Anyone else care to comment on my easter egg questions.

- The riot starting radio guy's last name is "birch". The John Birch society is generally seen as the predecessor to "the tea party" movement. I definitely DO NOT want to get into politics, but i think given how religion is covered in the book, the choice of name might be a little back-handed easter egg.

-The town is called Rothschild, Wisconsin. There are several "conspiracy theory" type comments attributed to some of the "zealot" type people. Anyone who knows the internet, should know that the "Rothschild" name is the grand-daddy of all conspiracy theories(ueber banking family trying to rule the world). It's an interesting choice of a name for sure, easter egg, or mean something more?

-The most obvious of my three questions, when they show the radius of effect (issue 6 i think), it's a circle and the town is NOT the center. I find it interesting and wonder what IS at the center.

I was thinking the same thing as I read, CBT. Reminded me of something Brad Meltzer would do in his novels.

Revival is a quality read, I'm still waiting for the reveal!

the reveal will be if not the last, then one of the last issues!

wait, how many issues do they plan to make of the series? hm

im hoping for at least 60

I could've sworn that Norton said it was planned for 25 in an interview, but maybe they opened that up since the series is doing well.

Oh. What happened with her in the FCBD release? Problem with this book is there so many characters/plot points that I have trouble remembering and keeping everything straight.

When May was interviewing the Creamator, she came in and asked May to call her mom and that she was cold

I always forget that FCBD had an original story in it.

The FCBD story is included the trade for Revival.

Edit - I noticed someone has already pointed this out.

Edited by chaseman210

I was hooked on this book from the FCBD story and have been a fan since. I'm loving the story and the way things are being laid out and introduced. It can't be all action in every issue, there has to be room for story-telling and I think Seeley is doing an awesome job with that. The art is great and so far, so is the story.

I can't wait until more is revealed. Mainly, those "ghosts/spirits," what is disturbing them and bringing them back to the world of the living? One was was due to a ring that has sentimental value to the deceased being stolen, but what of the others?

I'm thinking one of the Hmong opened a portal to the underworld via some kind of seance or something like that, but then if the spirits are taking over the bodies of the deceased, how is it that the revivers keep their own memories? hm

Can't wait for issue #9!

http://rothschildwi.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=63&Itemid=44

Here is some of the actually history of Rothschild, a whole bunch of random facts!

There is also a special police unit of six men to be used for emergency or disasters. These men also serve as dance inspectors.

Oops, I think the website died as I was looking at it.

Edited by Jeff Bohn

cool, i'll keep checking to see if it comes back. But, CHOOSING it is the interesting part. The author clearly has a knowledge of conspiracy theories as you see it in some of the things he says. You dont mock "conspiracy nuts" in the text, and accidentally choose a town named after the biggest of all conspiracy theories.

its either for humor, or has some deeper meaning.