• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yes....awww man. *spoon*

6 posts in this topic

Got my CGC slabs back but...

Today my latest return from CGC was dropped off with my wife. Knowing that I was excited about receiving this one she opened it up and quickly took some photos for me so I could update my Registry Set with the ones I could do. The first two photo's while awesome will have to stand by until a Set for them can be created later on. No hurry I can be patient as after looking at the request line...I am so sorry Gemma for any headache I ever gave you. That looks like one hell of a daunting list.

Anyways after the first two for The First X-Men I got my first photo of the Avengers vs X-Men #1 Launch Variant Signature Series by Stan Lee and Jim Cheung. Awesome, sigh of releif that it is now back where it belongs...until of course I see Laura Martain and humbly ask for her Signature. Another day another story.

The final one was... interesting. On the Label it is stated as Avengers vs X-Men #1 Diamond Select Variant. This doesn't bother me. It's actually cool to me that I now have one that was miss labeled and I have no want to return it for the correct label. To me it makes it different and therefore something more to smile about. So I placed the number in the CGC Verification tool...which I really like, and wrong issue pops up. Yes the Issue #1 as written on the label is on there. And it would be cool if I didn't already have that issue, but, I do.

The issue is that its Issue #2 in the series. So I have placed my contact CGC email in and can only sit and hope all can be corrected. So from Received, to Verified, to Grading, to Quality Control, to Graded, to Shipped, to ummmmm Redone??? I guess.

Everyone's human I guess and with the influx they currently have whatever... Can you spot the Issue # in the photo?

13317.jpg

See more journals by kaholo1256

The one thing I noticed us that they have more errors in quality control after the slow down. Out of 375 books I have two and both if them were in the last two months. I can be patient, very patient, but please be correct, because let's face it isn't that what quality control is all about.

alphaprimeian01, Yep I think it was the Transformer issue if memory serves right. Yeah like I said in the earlier post it really doesn't bother me and just happens to be one of those land mark check the blocks for me with my CGC experiences but it does suck as I am trying to inch my way up there to where you and kuddy are as far as the AvX Set.

And Tnerb, I kind of thought that one as well. I figure it is one of those things you look at the title you look at the number and they do have them for awhile so they have time to do it. And I have noticed more postings of this type of issue occurring more now than previously. Maybe its just the fact that they are having more issues than in previous days and it happens to occur slightly more for those of us more active in writing on the Journals.

K

I just had 2 more mis labeled last week. IM at 9 errors in the last 6 months. But I collect books that have 27 variants to each one. So I understand to a point. But it makes it hard when the info is on the invoice. make sure to send them a copy of your receipt to ship it back. they will credit your account.

I had 2 mislabeled books recently and now they have to be returned for correction as the registry does not match up either. Very disappointing for such an expensive service. Did they mess up the grade too? How can they make a label error on such an obvious thing (completely wrong series) and get the correct grade....