• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show off your 1st OA you ever bought
1 1

109 posts in this topic

My first major purchase was the complete book, including cover, to Eternals # 1 by Jack Kirby. I bought it from the family for 10,000 dollars. 

Interestingly the page headers showed the original title was "Return of the Gods. 

Edited by Funnyslover

I'm glad this thread has come back to life.

I bought this from an ad in Comics Buyers' Guide in 1995.  It was $200, which seemed like a lot of money at the time.  It's still one of my favorites.

Speedball1_1.jpg

Decided to look at the OA section of a Clink auction as it was ending. Saw that this was only at $6 so I put down a bid of a whopping $11, and won. The shipping cost me more, but I soon learned that this piece would come to cost me more in the long run down the path of OA collecting.

The Demon Vol.3 #21 pg.3.jpg

46 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

My first sketch or OA that I had that I have a photo of is this sketch I had Jeff Smith do for me. A year later I handed it to Dave Simm and asked him if he would like to embellish, and thus he did. ¬¬

that's great lol  On several levels!

The gag, the art, the fact that its two guys who later hated each other, etc.

Edited by Bronty

I no longer own the first piece I ever bought. I sold  it last year to a fellow Paul Ryan fan. I bought this directly from Paul back in 1997 at a Comic show in Houston, TX.

Flash v2 #132 page 11

Flash132p11OA-1.jpg

Talking comics with friends at a Con, one dealer asked if I collected OA to which I replied, "No, but if you have something with X-men..."

The title splash to What If #27 by Jerry Bingham-- with an amazing Phoenix shot and full team in the background-- my first piece of art.

Ce5Pp7Qz_2002142315111.jpg

Edited by GreatEscape

This was my first buy. Thought it would help my daughters get into comics if I could frame something in their room, and My Little Pony was extremely popular in our house, so seemed like a great idea. And then the whole world of OA opened up from there! A YTLM page I"I'm not your f*%$ng sister") was my first buy for myself on eBay

Bob

fullsizeoutput_4a2a.jpeg