• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice league Dark "Dark Universe" UPDATE

183 posts in this topic

Great flick....anyone know what the "extra" feature is that's included on that DVD?

They always throw in some footage or info. about the "next" upcoming animated thing at DC with these releases.

Yes.

Blu-ray Deluxe Giftset and Blu-ray:

• A Sneak Peek at Teen Titans: The Judas Contract: An advance look at the next DC Universe Original Movie, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract.
  • The Story of Swamp Thing (Featurette): Born out of the imagination of Len Wein and artist Bernie Wrightson, Justice League Dark’s Swamp Thing had his own solo adventures throughout the history of DC. This documentary reveals the rich history of this fan favorite.
  • Did You Know?: Constantine origin, Color of Magic, Black Orchid, and Deadman Casting (Featurette): The creators of Justice League Dark will reveal surprising behind-the-scenes tidbits about the characters – and the actors providing their voices – during production of the film.
  • 2016 NY Comic Con Panel (Featurette): A look inside Justice League Dark’s panel at New York Comic Con.
  • Sneak Peek at Justice League: Gods and Monsters
  • Sneak Peek at Justice League: Doom
  • From the DC Vault – Two Bonus Episodes –
  • Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Dawn of the Dead Man!”Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Trials of the Demon!”

I really need to preorder this one, as it is getting strong reviews so far.

I just preordered my copy from Walmart because they had InstaWatch available and didn't want to wait 2 weeks for the disc. Watched it yesterday on Vudu and it was really good. Looking forward to watching it again when the Blu-ray arrives. :luhv:

I just preordered my copy from Walmart because they had InstaWatch available and didn't want to wait 2 weeks for the disc. Watched it yesterday on Vudu and it was really good. Looking forward to watching it again when the Blu-ray arrives. :luhv:

I was going to order this movie from Walmart very much for the InstaWatch experience. But then I noticed Best Buy sent a loyalty rewards coupon of $10 off any purchase - any amount. Movie ordered!

But now I have to wait.

:(

i noticed comcast already has it on demand with all the bonus stuff for purchase and immediate download~

That make sense. Nowadays, it is Digital Release the week or two before the Blu-Ray/DVD release.

But I read an article recently where VUDU is working with a studio partner on considering offering the Digital Release the same week as the movie hitting theaters. I guess to take advantage of any early excitement for a given film.

and as much as i hate to say it...there are only some movies i want to see in the theater... wouldn't mind seeing some of the others at home... however when i have seen them release on digital same time as at the theater... its for purchase only... not rent!

i noticed comcast already has it on demand with all the bonus stuff for purchase and immediate download~

Thanks :) I've decided to wait for the Blu-Ray though. I'll have to avoid this thread for a while.

I'm casually watching "One For The Money" tonight (2% on RT - they were way off lol ) and I kept recognizing the Joseph "Joe" Morelli character's voice, but couldn't quite place it.

doh! Animated Batman Jason O'Mara.

And the Director of Shield. :)

‘Justice League Dark’ Earns Its R Rating and “Dark” Descriptor as One of DC’s Best

justice-league-dark-slice-600x200.jpg

The show-stealers have to be Constantine and Zatanna, aided in a huge way by Ryan and Luddington’s performances. Ryan continues to prove that he’s the best flesh-and-blood interpretation of the 

Hellblazer antihero; long may he reign as the animated character’s voice even if live-action roles aren’t in his future. Zatanna, however, plays a huge role in Justice League Dark and gets to show off an incredible amount of power in some of the most exciting action sequences in the DCAUOM. It’s a shame we haven’t seen this character come to life on the big or small screen in the post-Smallville era, but hopefully Warner Bros.’ planned Justice League Dark/Dark Universe live-action film will sort that out.

Honestly, this -script could have been translated to live-action without missing a beat and it would have been every bit as thrilling and visually exciting. The displays of magic are stunning and a welcome departure from straight-up slug fests and eye lasers that we’ve seen over and over again. Constantine uses artifacts to pull off powerful magic, Zatanna performs spells by “simply” reciting them backwards, and Swamp Thing wields the powers of The Green in mind-bending manner. Etrigan always makes a fiery entrance and Deadman even gets to use his possession powers in fun ways, sometimes for straight comedic purposes but also to help save the day. It’s so much fun to watch this team battle their way to victory that it’s a real shame when we have to say goodbye to them.

Justice League Dark is a briskly paced, darkly magic adventure that gives some of DC’s most shadowy heroes a chance to shine in a story that folds in mythology and mystery, while never losing sight of what it means to be a hero.

Rating: A-

I picked up my copy from Best Buy, and already watched it. This was a lot of fun! And it came with a little surprise, because I never caught on that Black Orchid was going to be in the movie. Unfortunately, she is a slightly mindless servant associated with the House of Mystery. But still, she was fun to see on the small screen.

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK Director Teases John Constantine's "Amazing" Role And Horror Elements

The DC Comics adaptation doesn't have a release date quite yet, but it sounds like the filmmaker is gearing up to start work on the project any week now. In a new interview with Cinema Blend, Liman shared his thoughts on his take on the movie and why he's focusing on the characters. 

"I think people will be surprised how character driven and how intimate Justice League Dark is -- in kind of a field of bloated comic book movies. We've found a way to do something that's actually really personal and small, and that's my goal. The Wall is about character. The scenario allows me to dive into what I think is... I just love people! I love putting people in crazy situations. For John Constantine, we have an amazing set-up for him for Justice League Dark that's really human."

As for the tone, Liman revealed that he's turning to some classic horror movies for inspiration. "It's going to have real horror elements, for sure," he confirmed. "I love early horror films, be it The Exorcist, or Carrie, The Omen. In the same way that Bourne Identity, I went back to '70s paranoia."

"There's stuff to be mined from the people who have come before me that I'm planning to bring to Justice League Dark. And also the arena, my good friend Simon Kinberg, with Deadpool really pushed the arena," he added, possibly teasing an R-Rating for the DC Comics movie. "I'm never going to do something that's straight forward, but I'm not going to do something campy either. I have a take on it that isn't like anything else out there. At the end of the day I make character driven movies."

Will DC Change Its Dark Universe Movie Title to Justice League Dark?

DC's Dark Universe is a project that brings together mystical or supernatural-based characters from the DC Comics universe, into a team meant to protect the DCU from supernatural or mystical threats. The team was supposed to consist of potential characters like John Constantine, Zatana, Madame Xanadu, Deadman, Swamp Thing, and The Demon; originally, Guillermo Del Toro was supposed to direct the project, but it ultimately fell in the lap of Bourne Identity and Edge of Tomorrow director, Doug Liman. Liman has since teased fans with the prospect of a film that's vastly different from other comic book movies, combining the superhero genre with classic horror movie elements.  

However, ever since DC Comics heard of these plans, there's been some confusion over why DC Films would title the project "Dark Universe" in the first place; after all, the team has a much more famous (and marketable) name to go by: Justice League Dark