• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore on site grading question

4 posts in this topic

Hey all...grading question for you.

I was debating have a couple books signed and graded for on -site-grading by CGC at the show.

Does that qualify for their signature series books, and if so, how much would that run me?

Rich

Currently Paradise Comics has been organizing Signature Series signings at conventions (with a few exceptions). I don't think that Paradise has official plans to attend Baltimore, but if you want to contact Peter Dixon at Paradise Comics paradisecomics@wiznet.ca or 416-487-9807 he can tell you the specifics of Signature Series submissions at shows and whether or not they will be in Baltimore.

If a book is signed for Signature Series submission, the books are rarely every submitted for on-site grading because they would have to be signed and submitted early in the weekend in order to be graded in time. Because Paradise cannot guarantee what time the artist will sign the books it has become standard policy to not submit them for on-site grading.

Cost is indeed $27 per book.

Multiple signatures add $5 per signature (unless the creators are signing together at the same time). Additional cost per signature covers the time spent for a witness to go and obtain the additional signature.

For on-site grading the cost would be higher. I don't know if there is a specific price as the service isn't offered on the list of on-site tiers. If I were to guesstimate, it would be $31 for a modern Signature Series..