• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Best of the Best Sketches: Most Disappointing Sketch Cover *April Fools'*

99 posts in this topic

my pick

owner me

artist Mike Deodato Jr

ok for me it looks like a blob shaped to look like juggernaut and iirc at 250 i was expecting a bit better lol not cover qulity but still........i will admit if viewed at a distance it looks much better then up close

Hulk1MikeDeodatoJr.jpg

kinda odd as i've never seen Darkseid with the omega symbol on his chest

Avengers1DavidQuiles.jpg

at 150 this looks like he took a pen and just kept putting down lines till it resembled the joker......also he gave rich a hard time trying to say rich said batman and joker and upping the price to 300, i'm sure enough know and have gone through rich to know he wounldn't make a mistake like that. also i saw brian with a sketch from him at a con (don't know if it was his or not) that looked like he took mine and photo copied it

TheMarvelsProject1JerryRobinson.jpg

this is my 1st SS sketch and while i won't say disappointed, was never a fan of the flat look

TheMarvelsProject1AlexMaleev.jpg

not a fan of a clean looking punisher......and i know for a fact this artist can do a 5 o'clock shadow on the face, lol when i think of punisher clean shaven is not what comes to mind

Sketch2.jpg

i will say i have over 100 SS sketches and to only have 5-6 as doh! is pretty dam good all things considered

opps forgot about this one, and this is my fault not the........colorist

and if this BotB is going to actully be voted on i'll change my pick to this

i looked this guy up on CaF and saw 2-3 peices i took as his artwork, then found out he's a colorist and in my head was well if he's a colorist he must have some artistict talent, i was wrong

again this was my mistake and in no way was it his.......he does a dam fine job as a colorist and knows his work well

owner me

artist jeff balke

Sketch.jpg

Doug, do you have any idea how long it took me to forget that aweful drawing of Cap? I am not even one of the people that doesn't like Rob Liefeld, but I really have to wonder what he was thinking when he drew that. If I was the inker I would have probably asked if he was joking when I got.

eh like i said not unhappy with it, just it looks flat (2D) no defention

if you look at others you can see how an arm sticks out more or a leg is foward from the body and such

lol i think the only reason i'm even hanging onto it is bc it's my 1st sketch rather then bc i like the sketch

ty for the intrest in it though, always nice to know others like the sketches you get