• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the value of a comic with a misprint/print error

32 posts in this topic

I just noticed that my Amazing Spiderman #344 is slightly thicker than normal. When I opened it I noticed that it has 32 additional pages (!) printed, in other words, the comic gets to page 16 and then starts over again!

Does it make it more valuable? Should I CGC it?

Thanks!

Edited by Aweandlorder

There is a small segment of collectors that appreciate those sorts of errors.

Is it worth CGCing? A 7.0 Spidey 344 is pretty much fifty cent box fodder if I'm not mistaken. A NM book has some value, but a fine copy not so much. I'm not sure you'd get much more than your slabbing fees back if you put it on the market.

Edited by shadroch

i never understand how people would pay more for them

Everyone has their own collecting focus. I can't understand how people can follow just a certain writer or artist, and bounce from title to title, company to company - but, that doesn't stop them from doing it.

(thumbs u

-slym

Thank you for your replies!

I just had to ask because of comics like TMNT #4 and Venom lethal protector..

Its obvious that collectors treat these as "variant editions" and they're rarer because there have been very few "variants" MISprinted..

I'm gonna go and list it at 75.00 and see what kinda reaction I get

Edited by Aweandlorder

I'm gonna go and list it at 50.00 and see what kinda reaction I get

There ya go - that's the best way to measure. I like some errors, but not all. I really like my FF #110 becuase it's such an old printer error and the fact that it was released and not caught until after it hit newsstands. I paid $60-$70 for this in VG/F, along with a FN copy of the regular #110 about four months ago.

FF110_FRONT_ERROR.jpg

I just noticed that my Amazing Spiderman #344 is slightly thicker than normal. When I opened it I noticed that it has 32 additional pages (!) printed, in other words, the comic gets to page 16 and then starts over again!

Does it make it more valuable? Should I CGC it? (It's in 7.0-8.0 condition)

Thanks!

:cool: Does it have two complete sets of pages like this one?

347e.jpg

Nothing surprises me anymore. People are paying more for 2nd and 3rd prints that are identical to the 1st prints. It wasn't so long ago that anything after a 1st print was collectible garbage.

Nothing surprises me anymore. People are paying more for 2nd and 3rd prints that are identical to the 1st prints. It wasn't so long ago that anything after a 1st print was collectible garbage.

Yeah - when someone declared that subsequent printings have smaller print runs and different covers, people decided they would be collectible.

It's been happening for awhile - I remember really getting raked over the coals in the 90's when I bought a Cry For Dawn #1 third print because they were a short print run and featured a really awesome Linsner cover.

Yeah - when someone declared that subsequent printings have smaller print runs and different covers, people decided they would be collectible.

It's been happening for awhile - I remember really getting raked over the coals in the 90's when I bought a Cry For Dawn #1 third print because they were a short print run and featured a really awesome Linsner cover.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns comes to mind.

Was it at least a different cover? If so, I can kinda understand why people would want to collect them but when it's literally the same as the first print, I just don't get it

Yup, there you go- exactly the same thing!

Does it make it more valuable? Should I CGC it? (It's in 7.0-8.0 condition)

Thanks!

:cool: Does it have two complete sets of pages like this one?

347e.jpg