• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Astonishing tales #26 Error book

4 posts in this topic

I've heard of double cover books in the past but I was wondering if anyone has heard of a book with a single cover over 2 individual issues. the book has the first 16 pages as normal and then the book restarts with the first page of the next copy and goes until the end page 32 and continues on with with page 17 to the end of the 1st copy. staples are in the center of books pages and i'd say that someone had screwed around with this one but i bought it off the rack when it 1st came out.

One set of staples centered perfectly book grades conservatively 8.0 (raw not cgc or pgx) and i'm wondering what the value of something like this would be?? thanks for your help

Some printer errors are easy to create after the fact - such as two or more covers or pages out of order. For this reason, the value of these books tend to be held back - though there have been sales that broke out.

Printer errors where say the color is wrong can't be duplicated but even here the market can be limited. But again, sometimes substantially higher prices are paid.

Mint mistakes on coins/money tend to be worth a lot more because the US Mint's quality control standards are much higher. At 10-25 cents each, comics were printed cheaply and quality control was not a priority. Printing errors are more common.

If you really want to see what it might be worth, put it on eBay. Either at auction or with a BIN and best offer option.

Welcome to the boards.