• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

6th Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament-Round of 6

72 posts in this topic

:news::acclaim:Welcome March Madness Grading Tournament - Round of 6. :acclaim::news:

#1 seeds sckao and tsimanga stay alive while comicdey continues to throw up huge scores. On we go to narrowing this down to three!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rules for this and future rounds:

1. Four books will be posted. PM me all grades in the order they are listed. Associate the book with the grade and include your username in the body of the PM.

2. Submit your grades in standard CGC recognized increments.

3. Due date for grades for this round is Thursday at 10:00p (EST) or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

4. No conditional grades will be accepted. Please ask questions to seek clarification before submitting grades.

5. The following is a list of things I will always disclose when posting the scans.

A. Any defects not clearly visible. (ie. NCB creases)

B. Moisture Stains not apparent on the scan.

C. Damage to a book which was not present at the time of grading.

D. Any damage/ scratches on the CGC case which may appear as flaws on the book.

6. Your score will be tallied based on the sum of the points awarded for the grades assigned each book based on the chart below:

Spot on= 20 points

.2 or closer = 18 points

.5 or closer= 15 points

.7 or closer= 10 points

1 or closer = 7 points.

1.2 or closer= 5 points.

1.5 or closer= 2 points

2 or closer = 0 points

Over 2 grades off= Technical Foul -5 points

Bonus (cumulative):

2 books spot on= 5 points

3 books spot on=10 points

The Team with the highest score wins the game and advances. There will be an overtime book posted in the event of a tie.

Good Luck to everyone.

Bracketwith6copycopy_zps72a04f93.jpg

The small scans.

ASM #106 Off White to White

ASMf_zps396fec31.jpg

ASMb_zps504ea344.jpg

Doc Savage #2 Off White to White

DOCf_zps878e8129.jpg

DOCb_zpsf5278e40.jpg

World's Finest Comics #209 Off White (Note: I scanned the second BC scan upside down, then rotated it. There's a lot of scanner flare in both BC scans.) I am guessing the scanner flare near the edges happens because of the depth of the CGC case.

WFf_zps5c9299f9.jpg

WFb_zps2a64fb5a.jpg

Scan-130402-0001_zps1b7fba20.jpg

X-Men #94 Off White to White

XMENf_zps50e982f5.jpg

XMEb_zps524a47b0.jpg

The large scans.

ASM #106 Off White to White

asmf.jpg

asmb.jpg

Doc Savage #2 Off White to White

docfr.jpg

docbx.jpg

World's Finest Comics #209 Off White (Note: I scanned the second BC scan upside down, then rotated it. There's a lot of scanner flare in both BC scans.) I am guessing the scanner flare near the edges happens because of the depth of the CGC case.

wffg.jpg

wfbm.jpg

scan1304020001.jpg

X-Men #94 Off White to White

xmenf.jpg

xmeb.jpg

BUTM...has it been explained how the final 3 will play for the championship? If this has been explained, sorry, I missed it. Will it be a 3-way contest next? Curious

BUTM? hmlol

BUTM...has it been explained how the final 3 will play for the championship? If this has been explained, sorry, I missed it. Will it be a 3-way contest next? Curious

Yes, you are correct.

After the six contestants compete, it will be down to three contestants. The three contestants will play a single game to determine 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place.

It was the best we could do with 45 contestants.