• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WonderCon Anaheim 2013

8 posts in this topic

I managed to find a few things...

Had a great trip. I bought a Saturday ticket, spent several hours at the Con, met a fellow board member...lpersky, it was GREAT to meet you in person my friend! My son enjoyed the Deadpool books and Im looking forward to reading the Cable and XForce series. I wish you all the best with PDot Comics and hope to see you at a future Con.

I found some other books I was looking for...Marvel Fanfare 1 thru 4, Fear 20...supposedly there is an Xmen appearance, I dont know...Rom 31, and about 8 different Avengers books I needed from the original series...I now have issues 25 thru 225. I also managed to pick up a graded Sub Mariner 53 featuring SunFire! Thats a tough issue to find in high grade due to the black cover so I was really happy to snag that one. After the Con I headed over to Disneyland to meet up with the rest of the family. As usual my legs were HURTIN by the end of the day.

Spent the next day at Disney again then Frank from Aspen invited us back so we cruised the floor a bit then decided to help with tear down at the end of the day so the guys could head back home sooner...when I thought about it afterwards it was kind a cool working next to the writer of Soulfire as we were packing things up. Frank hooked me up with whatever books I needed and a mini bust too so that was cool...he doesnt have to do things like that but he still does them anyway. Nice to have good friends.

Well thats about it for the trip. I will leave you with a pic of the aforementioned Sub Mariner book. Talk to you soon.

Til next time...

13378.JPG

See more journals by surfer99

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I also dropped off a few books at the CGC booth.

Shanna the She-Devil 5 (hoping for 9.2 - 9.4)

Marvel Team-up 38 (hoping for 9.2 - 9.4)

X-men 94 CGC 8.5 (hoping for 9.0)

I decided I wanted to get all 3 books pressed then graded. These are for my personal collection and I want them to look the best they can. CGC said they didnt have the CCS stuff integrated into their systems yet so I would need to have a paid membership for the pressing or else they couldnt take my order. I wasnt thrilled about this...I've have a free membership for years and dont see the point in paying for one, but OK. I also opted for fast track and a pre-screen on the X-men 95 so we'll see what happens. One nice thing about the paid membership is I can track my order online like I see so many doing. Wish me luck!

Wow, those are some pretty amazing finds. I'm hoping that while on leave in May I'll be able to attend a Con but I think my wife already looked and made sure to schedule something else during those same days. Oh well, until then there is always eBay, comiclink, and comicconnect for me.

K

Dear cgc, you knew for months that you needed to integrate your systems with ccs. Can't you just have a check box on the form? Hell it's easier to get it pressed by Joey than you're own in house service. Joey is great, but it doesn't make that much sense does it?

Unless your trying to build membership at the cost of your pressing service, but that doesn't make much sense to me either. Isn't the whole point to be an easy to use one stop shop?