• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
19 19

2,970 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2020 at 11:39 PM, OtherEric said:

I have something similar: a double cover Uncanny X-Men 180 where one cover is newsstand and the other is direct.  I'll try to dig it out and get a picture this weekend, I think I know which box it's in.

Just a heads up:  I went through roughly 20 boxes, in decreasing likelihood of having the book, and didn't find it.  I'll keep looking, but at this point I suspect it's still in my storage unit and I don't know when I'll next get out there.  I apologize for the delay.

2 hours ago, Morganmi said:

Bought this at my local Liggetts Drug Store way way back. Was so surprised to find two covers. Had never even heard of that happening back then. Unfortunately it's got a bad newstand crease in the spine through both covers.

20200802_110818.jpg

20200802_110833.jpg

One of my most favorite covers!! Lucky 

5 hours ago, Willie Lumpkin said:

Re-bagging and boarding some comics tonight and came across this one.  The second cover is stapled in the middle like a centerfold instead of being directly after the outer cover.  Looking through this thread, it seems unusual for a double cover to be this way. Anyone else have this type of double cover?

I have something similar.  I have a Superman book with an entire book stapled at the centerfold. 

On 7/30/2020 at 12:03 AM, OtherEric said:

Just a heads up:  I went through roughly 20 boxes, in decreasing likelihood of having the book, and didn't find it.  I'll keep looking, but at this point I suspect it's still in my storage unit and I don't know when I'll next get out there.  I apologize for the delay.

Still waiting to see this unicorn :popcorn:

55 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

I found this at my LCS.  The shop owner never looked inside the book and had no idea it was a double cover.  I opened it up and was like ‘WOW’.  He is a good guy though and honoured the price he had put on it... good lesson on always looking closely through books when you are buying and selling!

Off at CGC right now!  

44B82656-0A77-424A-934C-005C9068C69D.jpeg

F0C19EA6-2144-45D9-93E9-996D48CD8259.jpeg

SWEET :applause:

1 hour ago, Jeremiah said:

I found this at my LCS.  The shop owner never looked inside the book and had no idea it was a double cover.  I opened it up and was like ‘WOW’.  He is a good guy though and honoured the price he had put on it... good lesson on always looking closely through books when you are buying and selling!

Off at CGC right now!  

44B82656-0A77-424A-934C-005C9068C69D.jpeg

F0C19EA6-2144-45D9-93E9-996D48CD8259.jpeg

Oh man what a find.. plus the condition it’s in!