• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
19 19

2,973 posts in this topic

This is real nice Fantastic Four double cover. Like X-Men 202 it is one of the issues where I have seen more than one double cover.

CGC described the double cover but forgot to put "Double Cover" on the front or the top label.

scan0024_zps8846f87e.jpg

Don't they fix mislabels for free?

Nice! A 30 cent price variant AND a double cover!!! I'm assuming the inside cover was also has 30 cents on it?

Yes, the inside cover has 30 cents on it. There are a few of the issues out there.

Cosmic Spider-Man has a nicer one than this one but it is the most common issue I know with two or three examples.

MarvelFeature4VariantDoubleCover.jpg

This is my favorite, so far...

X-Men10085.jpg

In all my years of collecting, I've only ever found a double cover once. It is a giant sized Hulk from the Red Hulk series. I didn't even know it was a double until years later when I pulled it out of the bag for some reason. It not only is a double cover, but has 2 different covers to boot. :headbang:

In all my years of collecting, I've only ever found a double cover once. It is a giant sized Hulk from the Red Hulk series. I didn't even know it was a double until years later when I pulled it out of the bag for some reason. It not only is a double cover, but has 2 different covers to boot. :headbang:

Now THAT we need to see a picture of. :baiting:

Now THAT we need to see a picture of. :baiting:

Sure, coming soon...

Not going to sell. Would probably have it pressed though before grading. Outer cover is a 9.4ish. Inner cover looks to be 9.6 or better maybe without totally cracking them open all the way.

I was totally shocked when I discovered it!

Maybe. I think CGC grades the book based on both covers right???. If I could diminish a couple of the ticks on the outer cover I might get a 9.6. I still have never had a book pressed so maybe it wouldn't happen in the end.