• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
19 19

2,970 posts in this topic

I have seen three of these. One was lost by the post office, but more about that on another post.

This is one. It is now in a NICE x-men collection. When I say nice, its partner is a 9.8!!!

x-men94beater.jpg

This is the second which I got from the GIJoed collection.

X-Men94DC60_zps39440562.jpg

This is the third X-Men 94 Double Cover that I have seen. I suspect that it was the nicest. I won it on an ebay auction back in 2008.

double%20cover%20x-men%2094%20lost_zpsgi9znaoq.jpg

When the box arrived, there was no X-men 94 double cover inside. Instead, inside the box was another package - a small,1/3rd the size of a meat-loaf, shiny white mail box with some type of pink baby hat packed inside. The "mailbox" package was addressed to someone else with a postage stamp canceled the day before my package was shipped. The box looked like it arrived unsealed at my local post office. The only thing that I can figure is that somewhere in the postal system, a person or some equipment pushed the "mailbox" package into the box with the X-Men 94 double cover and pushed the X-Men 94 double cover out of the box. It has been several years and it seems to be lost for good.

bfac48d7-3884-49a9-b654-50e3a1d0deb4_zpsdekrjitk.jpg

157c85aa-beaf-469f-a103-218dacbb5c2f_zpsn3e4c5mt.jpg

It was a two month struggle with the post office to collect on the insurance. First I received a form letter from the Post Office denying my claim because "they delivered the package."

The local post office where my claim was taken had checked the "Article did not arrive" box so the post office worker informed me that my claim was invalid because the package did arrive, even though I had provided a clear summary of the events complete with pictures of the box showing it stamped that the box had been opened in transit.

I called the supervisor and explained the story to her and she said that I needed to appeal because the wrong box was checked. The correct box should have been the "Container Only Arrived" box. I asked her why she didn't read the summary or all of the other information that I sent and she said that she didn't need to. I tried to explain to her that this didn't make sense because there wasn't a box for the "container arrived with somebody's elses package inside." Fortunately, some postal worker had stamped the box which apparently made the difference. Trust me, the post office does not want to pay out $600 for a mid-grade comic book. lol

P2104210.jpg

I won the appeal with the post office and received the reimbursement check.

I still wonder where that X-Men 94 book ended up.

This is the third X-Men 94 Double Cover that I have seen. I suspect that it was the nicest. I won it on an ebay auction back in 2008.

double%20cover%20x-men%2094%20lost_zpsgi9znaoq.jpg

When the box arrived, there was no X-men 94 double cover inside. Instead, inside the box was another package - a small,1/3rd the size of a meat-loaf, shiny white mail box with some type of pink baby hat packed inside. The "mailbox" package was addressed to someone else with a postage stamp canceled the day before my package was shipped. The box looked like it arrived unsealed at my local post office. The only thing that I can figure is that somewhere in the postal system, a person or some equipment pushed the "mailbox" package into the box with the X-Men 94 double cover and pushed the X-Men 94 double cover out of the box. It has been several years and it seems to be lost for good.

bfac48d7-3884-49a9-b654-50e3a1d0deb4_zpsdekrjitk.jpg

157c85aa-beaf-469f-a103-218dacbb5c2f_zpsn3e4c5mt.jpg

It was a two month struggle with the post office to collect on the insurance. First I received a form letter from the Post Office denying my claim because "they delivered the package."

The local post office where my claim was taken had checked the "Article did not arrive" box so the post office worker informed me that my claim was invalid because the package did arrive, even though I had provided a clear summary of the events complete with pictures of the box showing it stamped that the box had been opened in transit.

I called the supervisor and explained the story to her and she said that I needed to appeal because the wrong box was checked. The correct box should have been the "Container Only Arrived" box. I asked her why she didn't read the summary or all of the other information that I sent and she said that she didn't need to. I tried to explain to her that this didn't make sense because there wasn't a box for the "container arrived with somebody's elses package inside." Fortunately, some postal worker had stamped the box which apparently made the difference. Trust me, the post office does not want to pay out $600 for a mid-grade comic book. lol

P2104210.jpg

I won the appeal with the post office and received the reimbursement check.

I still wonder where that X-Men 94 book ended up.

That is a good "double cover" mystery. Where is it now? But from the most recent X-Men 94 double cover. Is it the same one like what you had won off eBay back then? hm

[

That is a good "double cover" mystery. Where is it now? But from the most recent X-Men 94 double cover. Is it the same one like what you had won off eBay back then? hm

I have no idea where it is now. I suspect in a landfill somewhere. Or in a collection of a postal worker somewhere. It was definately a different book than the other two.