• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
19 19

2,970 posts in this topic

I believe the official grading should be based upon the what we can see (i.e. the outer cover) similar to all other graded books. The grading for the inner cover can be placed in the notes where they currently have the grading for the outer cover.

My feeling is this is the thrid case that CGC should use dual grades. I feel they should have a dual grade for resto (pre and post) and a dual grade for qualified (pre-qualified defect/post qualified defect). See no reason why an outer/inner cover shouldn't also have a dual grade - outer/inner).

Leave it up to the collector to determine the value. By "highlighting" one grade over the other is subjective and also - to be blunt - ridiculous. (I can say "ridiculous" now because I have joined THE SOCIETY!!!) grin.gif

This is another example of CGC making decisions for the collector.

PS - I am awaiting my MEMBER materials and look forward to three express grading certificates. Note I have absolutley no problem disagreeing with CGC in this way, because I am still confident they will aplly their rules fairly. But some of their rules I'd like to see changed!

What is the earliest known double cover?

Earliest double cover I know of is the More Fun Comics #46 (August 1939) I sold a few years back.

West

This one's got it beat by a couple of issues. A Mile High More Fun #42 CGC 9.2/9.6. WOW!

http://www.comiccollectors.net/bookdetail.php?issue_id=2569

? I have a X-Men #250 with 5 covers on it does anyone else have any with more than two covers on them I would love to hear or see them and I would also like to see more Double covers so keep them comming.

I just bought a Giant Size Marvel Superheroes #1 yesterday that has 3 covers. The thing is, the 2 outer covers aren't attached, just floating there. Any idea how CGC deals with this?

Thanks.

? I have a X-Men #250 with 5 covers on it does anyone else have any with more than two covers on them I would love to hear or see them and I would also like to see more Double covers so keep them comming.

I just bought a Giant Size Marvel Superheroes #1 yesterday that has 3 covers. The thing is, the 2 outer covers aren't attached, just floating there. Any idea how CGC deals with this?

Thanks.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I have seen a lot of Giant Size marvels and Annuals with extra coves that were not attached and I have seen several that CGC has graded it doesn't seem to mater wheather they are attached they will still grade them and I dont think they even mention that they are not attached on the label. I don't personaly have any like this so I could be wrong but I have seen them up on ebay several times like this. Hope this helps confused-smiley-013.gif.

585386-154%20125.jpg

hi.gif I had a little more time so I thought I would do one more Hear is my X-Men #105 very nice comic I think I got this from a member on hear also cloud9.gif

So everyone who likes or has Double Covers jump in hear and post your scans I sure would like to see them I am sure others do to thumbsup2.gif

589500-X%20105.jpg

589a8cf11fff7_589500-X105.jpg.5b47affc538bee0b9a3897c6bc6c709f.jpg

Edited by cosmic-spider-man

thumbsup2.gif Hear is one more my Thor #169 very cool.gif Cool cover all three of them cloud9.gif

Thor #169 is my favorite issue. It shows the Origin of Galactus (with the Watcher) and has a panel of Galactus picking up Thor like he is a ragdoll. Awesome! thumbsup2.gif

West

thumbsup2.gif Hear is one I just won on ebay not only is it a Double Cover it has the mark Jewlers insert so it is a thick book cloud9.gif.

589481-asm%20315dc.jpg

Glad you liked the book Cosmic. You bought it from me on Ebay. I was surprised to find it in my stash. I was putting together a run of 301-328 to sell on Ebay and came across this one which was much thicker than the rest. Glad I spotted it, otherwise the winner of the 301-328 set would have found a nice surprise. ------Sid