• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
19 19

2,970 posts in this topic

Here is some Steranko goodness. This book survived a fire and was covered with soot when I bought it (I should have taken a picture before cleaning). The interior cover is really nice.

162696.jpg.466eae4330d13baf80350cc813d208c9.jpg

Here is some Steranko goodness. This book survived a fire and was covered with soot when I bought it (I should have taken a picture before cleaning). The interior cover is really nice.

:applause:

I have a nice mighty Thor 183 double cover book Thor vs Dr.Doom. I recently came across a nice What If 7 book that reprinted the first 2 stories from start to finish 2X. How rare is it to have a story printed Twice?

Pretty damn rare I would think. I have a Thor #411 with double interior pages and it's the only comic I've ever seen that way.

I have a couple with double interiors. They are easy to identify because they are so heavy.

Very true Christian. I remember when I first picked up that Thor #411 at a Vintage Stock store. The first thing that popped into my head was "Wait a minute. This book isn't supposed to be THAT thick."

Married cover or no?

Nah, you're good. (thumbs u

Agreed. CGC graders are real good a detecting a married cover. The signs are staple holes, staple aesthetic, and defect symmetry (does the inner cover exhibit damage that the outer cover doesn't show, etc.)