• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
19 19

2,970 posts in this topic

A long time ago, a family member was fascinated with Johnny Quest. I would stop buy the local B&M hobby store and buy the latest one as a gift. Over time, it was almost a complete collection. There were 4 that had double covers. My thoughts about this at the time was shoddy quality control, so I would flip thru other comics when I made my usual stop to buy another Johnny Quest. Within a very short period of time, I was surprised how many different comics had double covers. I then became fascinated myself, and would stop in, go thru the comics without regard to what or who the subject matter or hero or artist was (a sin, I know), and over a period of a couple of years, I had 2 boxes of double covers. I still have them. I don't know why I do, but I think it is because it somehow soothes my psyche into acknowledging that I accomplished something, which I have not. So, there is that.

My first and (so far) only double cover in the collection.  It taught me a valuable lesson too - even if it looks like a 9.8 on the surface and you're going to have it signed by Claremont, still open the book up!  I had no idea this one was a double until it got to Florida and my facilitator found out about it.

2170389_DetailsThumb_Obv.jpg?t=MTAvOC8yM

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

My first and (so far) only double cover in the collection.  It taught me a valuable lesson too - even if it looks like a 9.8 on the surface and you're going to have it signed by Claremont, still open the book up!  I had no idea this one was a double until it got to Florida and my facilitator found out about it.

2170389_DetailsThumb_Obv.jpg?t=MTAvOC8yM

Would you have had him sign both covers instead? xD