• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
19 19

2,970 posts in this topic

I was seriously thinking about bidding on this. I've wanted a Showcase #43 since I first started collecting and this one is a double cover. laugh.gif

But the bid went a bit high and I forgot to watch the end of the auction. foreheadslap.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=82486&item=6521300423&rd=1

Oh yeah, I knew I had no shot once I saw that this guy put in THREE bids that no one had overbid yet. I am the underbidder there, but I didn't even touch the smallest of his three bids. If I wasn't trying to get a double cover ASM right now, I would have laid out maybe $300 for that book (but I still don't think that would have been enough). Christo_pull_hair.gif

it looks like CGC gave the average of the two grades

Yea it sure looks that way 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I have to say that is the first one I have ever seen like that confused-smiley-013.gif and I have seen alot of them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I always thought they just gave the grade for the best cover even if it is the outer cover.

WOW. That one looks absolutely awesome. Is it really that nice up close? It looks like the cover is at least a 9.4.

Yowser there is so much BA superhero I have never seen and this is one of them. If I saw it at a con or store I would scoop it right up. I fear for my ever-expanding BA thang! frown.gif

it looks like CGC gave the average of the two grades

Yea it sure looks that way 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I have to say that is the first one I have ever seen like that confused-smiley-013.gif and I have seen alot of them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I always thought they just gave the grade for the best cover even if it is the outer cover.

I laughed when I saw the grade.

I called at the time and asked them.

They said it had staining on the inside, which made the max grade 4.5.

Even if one of the covers had been 9.4, they would have given it a 4.5 overall grade.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This means that the covers do not determine the entire grade? Very interesting...

Thanks for the reply...you should post more often. I don't think anybody from Heritage is a regular around here. flowerred.gif

A friend of mine has a Charlton comic that is ONLY covers. He collects comics with more than two covers and showed me several with 4 and 8 covers from the 50s.

Now that I think about it, it was a Classic comic that was all covers. My brain just doesn't work as well as it used to. Charlton had poor printing presses so there are quite few extra cover books from them.

Edited by adamstrange

bumpit.gif

Kinda wish I'd seen this before the auction ended. I would have been very tempted.

FF #112 CGC 9.0 Double Cover $227

874307-FF112doublecover_cgc90_%24227.jpg

I considered bidding on this auction...but then my funds got tied up when I unexpectedly won this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6540753044&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I wasn't even expecting to win this one, I just had a snipe set on it and I didn't notice it until a couple days later. takeit.gif

I considered bidding on this auction...but then my funds got tied up when I unexpectedly won this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6540753044&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I wasn't even expecting to win this one, I just had a snipe set on it and I didn't notice it until a couple days later. takeit.gif

Did you see the ASM #98 double cover on eBay now?

Did you see the ASM #98 double cover on eBay now?

Yeah, I doubt it will sell for that price. Even if it does, there a several more on the market. I would pay maybe up to 5% premium over the regular version in the same grade for that issue.

A 9.6 just ended on eBay without meeting reserve. The buyer bought it from Vault auctions and attempted to flip it. For some reason, that issue is somewhat common (as in more than 5 known copies) in double cover. I have one with a pence cover and am biding my time to get a copy in 9.4 or higher.

Any chance you'd be willing to sell that Daredevil 179 or X-Men 115? cool.gif

Any chance you'd be willing to sell that Daredevil 179 or X-Men 115? cool.gif

Sure, just PM me with an offer for either or both. The DD is really nice, so I will need a really good offer for that one. I am a little more flexible with the X-Men 115 though. grin.gif