• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Expo May 11th

21 posts in this topic

The Long Beach Comic Expo occurs Saturday May 11th from 10-7 at the Long Beach Convention Center. Same location but smaller hall than the fall two day show but still a decent amount of comics, guests, etc. Last year's show had many artists and writers overflowing into the outer hall area so should be another packed event.

I am making the drive from Phoenix with over 60 long boxes of GA, SA, and Bronze Marvel and DCs. Lots of dollar bargains but will also have X-men, ASM, and DD #1s and lots of other nice books. Hope to see some of you at the Expo.

That's a long trek for a 1-day Con, Ed - please bring lots of early Marvels. :)

I hear you. This is the fourth year for the trek.

Here is the link to the website- www.longbeachcomiccon.com

As of right now, here are the better books I am bringing to LB Expo (subject to local sales) and all are CGC:

AF 15- 3.5;

ASM #1-5.0, 8.5 R; 2-8.0; 10-7.5; 14-6.5; 15-6.5; 50-8.0; 300-9.8;

Aquaman 1- 5.5;

DD 1-7.5;

FF 9-7.0; 48-6.0; 50-8.5;

Hawkman 1-7.0;

House of Secrets 92-8.5;

Hulk 181-8.5;

Iron Man 1-9.6;

TNMT 1-9.2;

NM 98- 9.4, 9.6, 9.8;

X-men 1-5.0;

Lots of other ASM, FF, X-men in particular. Hope to see you and other Board members at the Expo.

Ed

As of right now, here are the better books I am bringing to LB Expo (subject to local sales) and all are CGC:

AF 15- 3.5;

ASM #1-5.0, 8.5 R; 2-8.0; 10-7.5; 14-6.5; 15-6.5; 50-8.0; 300-9.8;

Aquaman 1- 5.5;

DD 1-7.5;

FF 9-7.0; 48-6.0; 50-8.5;

Hawkman 1-7.0;

House of Secrets 92-8.5;

Hulk 181-8.5;

Iron Man 1-9.6;

TNMT 1-9.2;

NM 98- 9.4, 9.6, 9.8;

X-men 1-5.0;

Lots of other ASM, FF, X-men in particular. Hope to see you and other Board members at the Expo.

Ed

Where is the love for this show? Saturday May 10th 10-6. Two booths of 60 long boxes and lots of nice CGC books as well. Come on SoCal, make an appearance! :baiting:

Sounds good, Ed - see you in a week's time (on Sat the 11th, not the 10th).

Correct on the 11th. I am leaving early on the 10th and crossed my dates.

Ed

Three days till the Expo!

More guests have been added- a good list for a one day show.

Hope to see some of you there. I have booth 105 (20x20). Discounts to Boardies!

Ed R

During the Collectibles/Coin show many dealers have "Pre-View" days where in the show's hotel they have a boardroom setup to buy & sell

Anything like this going on or would like to set one up??? I just came into about 30 or so boxes of comics I would like to sell.

Thanx

R

During the Collectibles/Coin show many dealers have "Pre-View" days where in the show's hotel they have a boardroom setup to buy & sell

Anything like this going on or would like to set one up??? I just came into about 30 or so boxes of comics I would like to sell.

Thanx

R

Check your PM.

This was a good show worthy of expansion in both size (move it to the main hall) and scope (2 days), with great vendors and attendance, it's well organized and supported. Their Fall show is good, so it would be great to have this Spring show rival that one. It seems to be evolving from what was more of a seemingly spur of the moment one day show to what can become a solid 2 day large event to rival their own big show later in the year.

Back home in Phoenix after a long week-end in Long Beach.

Great show and lots of great people as well. Sold lots of $1 & 2 books, sets and runs, priced and half off and a bunch of CGC books as well.

The Expo is moving to May 31 and June 1st next year. Not sure which hall they will be moving to but will be bigger and better. I have been there since day one and plan to keep coming back as long as the buyers keep buying>

Thanks to Phil and Martha for building this one and the Fall show into very good shows without too much flash.

Ed