• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tecs 1-26 In Grade -- The Quest Is Finally Over

546 posts in this topic

Here are some scans that Boardies have posted.

His art is naive but often energetic and always mindful of the narrative.

Guardineersplash2.jpg

uardineersplash1.jpg

adamxstrangeGuardineersplash3.jpg

wow! those interiors are remarkably better than his tec covers!

Here are some scans that Boardies have posted.

So much for the interiors vs. covers argument. His interiors do nothing for me too.

Negative Nancy :baiting:

Incredible collection. It's been asked already, but, what's next?

Haven't figured that one out yet.

lay books out in your foyer area (5 rows, 6 or 5 books per row), bottom of slabs facing your stairs, then take pic from stairs... viola!

I don't have stairs :sorry:

Great stuff; thanks for posting!

I'd probably be working on a run of these pre-Batman Tecs myself if they were more affordable. They are such cool books, and scream "classic early GA". But prices being what they are, I'm still happy to own po'boy copies of a couple of these.

I'd probably be working on a run of these pre-Batman Tecs myself if they were more affordable. They are such cool books, and scream "classic early GA". But prices being what they are, I'm still happy to own po'boy copies of a couple of these.

Ain't it the truth! :D

yup. never seen another copy of that one in person. killer book!

Heck, I've never seen this cover before!! :o

Same here.

+1

Thanks for sharing these great books! All of them are stunning and some of them are simply :cloud9:.

Over the last 20 days I've posted the fruits of my 20+ year quest, and now I'm at the end of the run.

#26 is the last pre-hero issue. It contains an announcement that the next issue of Detective Comics will include a strip introducing a new character called "The Batman."

Here is the Allentown copy of Tec #26 (CGC 9.0), which also holds the distinction of being the earliest book in the Allentown collection:

(worship)

Ain't it the truth! :D

If they were cheap and easy to get, then assembling a Tec 1-26 run would be as exciting as assembling a MOKF 1-26 run.

Tec #24 has always been considered one of the most difficult pre-Bat issues to find. Some collectors have claimed that it is even rarer than nos. 2 and 3. In over 20 years, I only had one opportunity to purchase a copy in grade, which I did with an assist from G.A.tor.

Here is the Atlantic City CGC 7.5 copy of Detective #24:

Is this an early depiction of pressing?

You're not the first to make that joke. Someone once suggested that that's Mr. Zaid looking through the window shocked and horrified.

Kinda looks like me as a kid actually. (thumbs u

This is the best pre-hero Tec set in the planet! Thanks Peter for sharing your collection :headbang: If only I have enough funds to spend on pre-hero Tecs, I would likely get the whole set in lower-mid grade. I doubt anyone can come close to this feat (maybe perhaps Bangzoom's collection?).

This is the best pre-hero Tec set in the planet! Thanks Peter for sharing your collection :headbang: If only I have enough funds to spend on pre-hero Tecs, I would likely get the whole set in lower-mid grade. I doubt anyone can come close to this feat (maybe perhaps Bangzoom's collection?).

AGREED! Just an amazing feat!

DetectiveComicsposter_zps62d20684.jpg

AGREED! Just an amazing feat!

DetectiveComicsposter_zps62d20684.jpg

My group shot. Thanks Cimm!

I will still try to take a photo.

Can you list the order in which you acquired the books?

Here is the order in which I acquired the top graded books I posted. Keep in mind that several of them are upgrades that were acquired after I already had a lower graded copy. For example, I obtained the 9.0 Tec #8 many years after I had already obtained the 7.5 Lost Valley #8.

#14 (Church)

#15 (Church)

#10 (Lost Valley)

#2 (Lost Valley)

#4 (Lost Valley)

#19 (Church)

#23 (Church)

#25 (Church)

#9 (Church)

#16 (Church)

#20 (Church)

#5 (Church)

#26 (Allentown)

#6 (Windy City)

#24 (Atlantic City)

#21 (Church)

Over the last 20 days I've posted the fruits of my 20+ year quest, and now I'm at the end of the run.

#26 is the last pre-hero issue. It contains an announcement that the next issue of Detective Comics will include a strip introducing a new character called "The Batman."

Here is the Allentown copy of Tec #26 (CGC 9.0), which also holds the distinction of being the earliest book in the Allentown collection:

(worship)

(worship)

Seeing the run really makes me appreciate these classic early Detective. Thank you so much for sharing this great collection.