• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

I wasn't understanding. The uncertified SS book can never be out of the sight of the witness, correct? They can't crack it in front of CGC, take it home, and re-cert at a later date? That's why I was wondering how CGC could guarantee it was the same book.

If I had an SS book I wanted to read (I know. Just suspend your disbelief for a moment, okay.) I would have it cracked out by a CGC employee at the booth such as; Gemma, Bill (when he was there) or Joe. I would have to read the book at the booth and then resubmit it for Signature Series grading. It would still retain the yellow label. Not the best of scenarios convenience wise, but it does provide the opportunity to read, feel or smell a book that most believe to be forever off limits.

Are you laughing while typing this Watson ? Who's really gonna do this (shrug) Possible, yes. Ridiculous, very.

I wasn't understanding. The uncertified SS book can never be out of the sight of the witness, correct? They can't crack it in front of CGC, take it home, and re-cert at a later date? That's why I was wondering how CGC could guarantee it was the same book.

If I had an SS book I wanted to read (I know. Just suspend your disbelief for a moment, okay.) I would have it cracked out by a CGC employee at the booth such as; Gemma, Bill (when he was there) or Joe. I would have to read the book at the booth and then resubmit it for Signature Series grading. It would still retain the yellow label. Not the best of scenarios convenience wise, but it does provide the opportunity to read, feel or smell a book that most believe to be forever off limits.

Are you laughing while typing this Watson ? Who's really gonna do this (shrug) Possible, yes. Ridiculous, very.

Someone who wants to read an SS book and keep the SS designation. If you want the book just to crack and read, then you have no business buying an SS copy.

Guys, I have a pedigree question: do you know of any pedigree where the owner wrote an approx. 7-10 digit number (no discernible pattern or order) on the upper left corner of the front cover in pencil? A friend of mine recently acquired a small collection and a handful of very high grade (8.0 and higher) late SA / early BA Marvel books came with this marking on them. Any help would be appreciated!

:bump: Seems to have been lost in the shuffle.

Guys, I have a pedigree question: do you know of any pedigree where the owner wrote an approx. 7-10 digit number (no discernible pattern or order) on the upper left corner of the front cover in pencil? A friend of mine recently acquired a small collection and a handful of very high grade (8.0 and higher) late SA / early BA Marvel books came with this marking on them. Any help would be appreciated!

:bump: Seems to have been lost in the shuffle.

You should ask in the GA forum. Those guys know everything.

Not any that I'm familiar with as far as recognized pedigrees.

(thumbs u

Green Lantern 85

Green Lantern 86

Peds + sigs!! Killer books!! :applause::headbang:

:( To me these books are no longer peds. Their ped history has been skewed. They were newsstand fresh OO comics but now they've got black marker on them.
They are still the same books with the same provenance. I think the term "OO" is thrown around way to much. They ceased to be OO books the moment they were sold. Now they are just books with a solid history owned by someone who probably likes them the way they are. To each his own.

Respectfully disagree in the case of pedigrees and signature series. Every comic is owned temporarily, and the owner is a custodian. For pedigree comics with a provenance, the custodial responsibility can be argued to be more important than the circumstance of the owner of the moment. According to this argument, preserving the provenance and historical nature of a pedigree comic is a responsibility of the custodian. To those holding this view, pressing and creator signatures run counter to the custodial responsibility.

Would you really want a creator signature on a top census example of a rare GA comic from the Church collection?

Disagree? Bob, I only stated facts. They are the same books. And the logic of temporary custodianship can applied to anything that anyone will ever own.

Personally i dont care for HG SA books to even have so much as a date stamp or distributor spray, but if the owner likes and appreciates it, i say kudos and :wishluck:

i totally forgot about this thread. my latest pedigrees:

FF41.jpg

dd28.jpg

bats386.jpg

THOR 127 CGC 9.2 pacific coast

thor127pc-1.jpg

Nice books El, the THOR looks better that 9.2 (top right corner?) love the miswrap notation on the old label too - ah the old days.

So there's been alot of discussion about the plethora of SA pedigrees coming to market. With the Savannah collection just being rolled out and books from two spanking new pedigrees to follow, it seems like a good time to rejuvenate this thread.

Pleased with the quality of the inks and cover paper, with no tanning lines or apparent toasting:

Showcase19.jpg

So there's been alot of discussion about the plethora of SA pedigrees coming to market. With the Savannah collection just being rolled out and books from two spanking new pedigrees to follow, it seems like a good time to rejuvenate this thread.

Pleased with the quality of the inks and cover paper, with no tanning lines or apparent toasting:

Showcase19.jpg

hm I don't see how Alanna could have tan lines based on what she's wearing!

Nice book, namisgr! (thumbs u

Edited by DavidMerryweather