• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

Sweeet! I don't know anything about the origins of that pedigree? Do you have any information you could share about it?

Here ya go, Brad!

331587-Okajima%20Cert.jpg

I didn't even see this before I made my post. makepoint.gif A girl purchasing comics in the early 40's is an incredible story. Unique for her day I'm sure.

Sweeet! I don't know anything about the origins of that pedigree? Do you have any information you could share about it?

Here ya go, Brad!

331587-Okajima%20Cert.jpg

Hey PM, is it untrue that she was in a Japanese internment camp?

Here is my newest, one and only Bowling Green book. Frankly, the only things I know about this pedigree are that it was the subject of a set of Sotheby's auctions, and Metro seems to have a bunch of them. This one was from an anonymous seller via Comiclink. In person, the whiteness of the cover is exceptional:

580994-Image_1.jpg

580994-Image_1.jpg.044db2877090ffadd96aa1fd5326cae8.jpg

While we're on the subject of pedigrees, check out this Ebay listing I stumbled across that claims to be a book from another Killer Collection........

The Eric & Lyle Menendez Pedigree

What next, the Charlie Manson Harvey File Copy Collection? 27_laughing.gif

Wertham is grinning right about now.

Hey PM, is it untrue that she was in a Japanese internment camp?

confused-smiley-013.gif Never heard that one before. I didn't think the camps had been emptied by 1943, though ....

Alan

I had heard, on these boards I believe, that she was in the internment camp when she began collecting. I'm sure there would have been a PX of some kind where magazines could be purchased. But if you haven't heard that, and it's not in the pedigree description you posted, maybe it's not true.

In another thread somewhere someone asked about runs of pedigrees I believe....so I thought it would be fun to take a couple of shots of the best runs I have.......really bad photos, but I also remember a thread where we laid them out just like I used to do in my room when I was a kid.

So, for better or worse here's the first of three shots.....

Avengers Pacific Coasts.....all 9.4 except the #65 which is a 9.2.

avengerspc.jpg

Next up (of course) my Avengers Green Rivers.........

Grades are all over the place....starting left to right top row....... 8.0, 8.5, 9.4, bottom row L to R....9.4, 9.2, 9.6

avengersgr.jpg

Finally, an odd little collection of Tales to Astonish Green Rivers....another of my favorite titles when I was a kid. I always loved those split panel covers!

ttagr.jpg

Grades here are all over the place.....top row left to right.... 8.0, 8.5, 9.0, 9.0......bottom row....left to right......5.5 (!), 7.5, 9.0.

So it's not about the highest grades, it's about books I really love. I like the idea of in a small way, reconnecting some of the books that originally came from one collection. Hope these pix were of interest.

Red Hook

And by the way, I want to "thank" Nochips for selling me my first pedigree book, the Avengers 22 Green River CGC 8.5 last year, and starting me down the road to ruin. As it turned out, that book had originally been owned by Shin Kao (small world) and came with one of Shin's beautiful certificates, which he goes to a lot of trouble to produce for each GR that leaves his hands.....

grcert.jpg

That was one of the reasons I got hooked. I had no idea what the Green River pedigree was all about until this book arrived in my mail. 27_laughing.gif