• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amphoman in a shed?
3 3

90 posts in this topic

So after reading this thread, I heard something banging around out in our playhouse (not a "shed" technically, although I do store the lawnmower and some work lights in there) and I thought it might be Amphoman or perhaps his creator.  But then we found out it was a raccoon. 

On 12/17/2021 at 12:01 PM, MattTheDuck said:

So after reading this thread, I heard something banging around out in our playhouse (not a "shed" technically, although I do store the lawnmower and some work lights in there) and I thought it might be Amphoman or perhaps his creator.  But then we found out it was a raccoon. 

tenor-5.gif.d2343e701bde74a9220ed88836d103a2.gif

On 7/31/2019 at 7:20 AM, amphoman said:

You guys are hilarious. 😂 Thanks for the tough love and laughs.

I had the pleasure of spending a half hour with Stan Lee early ‘90 when he visited my local sports complex. There was a handwritten paper that said “meet Stan Lee” and lo and behold there he was in an empty room. He liked my work and encouraged me to continue. He also signed an original art page I had from ASM 238.

The biggest honor I received was to be compared to the man 20+ yrs later and it humbles me to think how everything has become so corporatized since then.

I’m just a guy in the world trying to make his way like the next person. I don’t have the right connections or know the right people so regardless of what I put together I’m at a disadvantage. The old - it’s not what u know but who.

At this time my comic is playing a bit of a distraction for me as I’m coping with the reality my family member survived a school shooting and now has PTSD and is in state custody.

BTW I’m not seeing the Mike Kaye fan club, perhaps we can discuss in July 2025. 😂

Wish u all well. Peace ✌🏼 

Wait, so you had no idea Stan Lee was going to be there that day, but you just so happened to have a page of original ASM art on you for him to sign. Do you always cart that page around with you wherever you go? 

Also, I'm leading the Mike Kaye fan club. I'm the driver of this bus till the bitter end. Honk honk people_without_enough_empathy. 

On 12/18/2021 at 3:46 PM, Mercury Man said:

Perhaps he should go back into hiding. 

He's far too wellknown to go into hiding. He's simply too recognisable. 

On 1/26/2020 at 4:06 PM, Jeffro. said:
On 7/30/2019 at 2:00 PM, amphoman said:

Amphoman books have raised $1,000s to help fight poverty and Breast Cancer. 

I’ve been compared to Stan Lee and featured in numerous news media outlets.

If you have difficulty seeing my EMMY or the sampling of just some of the media coverage included at the bottom of this post - I can send you larger images.

I create thinking of how I can help others, as opposed to sitting back and judging others.

Please, tell us more and welcome to the boards 

I changed my mind. Go *spoon* yourself. Nobody cares about your poorly drawn garbage.