• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Turnaround Times Update

33 posts in this topic

The CGC team has been working diligently to reduce our turnaround times. We have made significant improvements in the Economy and Values tiers. The Economy and Value tier has been reduced from 120 days to 59, a 50% improvement. We are making great strides in the Modern tier and Fast Track tiers, and you will notice a significant improvement over the next couple of weeks as we target the problem areas and move books out the door back to you.

As many of you have noticed, the Graders have made a huge improvement in the turnaround times, and as we move forward, the other levels of our process will follow. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we sort through our backlog and get things back on track. Our crew here is working double shifts in order to make these changes and get things back to our level of standards. It’s a difficult balance to improve output without sacrificing the quality of service that CGC is known for. But we are fully confident in our process and couldn’t be prouder of the hard working team that we have. If anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at hpatel@collectiblesgroup.com. Again, we want to thank you for your patience and support during this busy period.

Good to hear.

Now, can I get a refund on the extra fees I paid for Fast Track on my Modern submission since I'm not even going to get them back in the targeted 20 days of a regular Modern submission?

:popcorn:

I see a bunch of NGs in DiceXs futue...

That wouldn't be in anyone's best interest.

I love CGC and what they do but when I pay extra to have something done by a certain time, I expect it to be done. I have obligations that have to be met and need my books, and I don't need a grouchy attitude when I call to ask about them.

If I payed FedEx to overnight a package for me and they didn't deliver it for a week or two and gave me attitude when I called to complain, you can expect me to be angry and want my money back.

:popcorn:

I see a bunch of NGs in DiceXs futue...

That wouldn't be in anyone's best interest.

I love CGC and what they do but when I pay extra to have something done by a certain time, I expect it to be done. I have obligations that have to be met and need my books, and I don't need a grouchy attitude when I call to ask about them.

If I payed FedEx to overnight a package for me and they didn't deliver it for a week or two and gave me attitude when I called to complain, you can expect me to be angry and want my money back.

I agree with you about the grouchy attitude. However, I believe FedEx as UPS have "money back guarantees" and CGC doesn't.

I believe FedEx has competition and CGC doesn't would be a more accurate answer.

I'm glad they are making headway in their lagging grading times, but people deserve what they paid for. Even if its just in future credits.

The CGC team has been working diligently to reduce our turnaround times. We have made significant improvements in the Economy and Values tiers. The Economy and Value tier has been reduced from 120 days to 59, a 50% improvement. We are making great strides in the Modern tier and Fast Track tiers, and you will notice a significant improvement over the next couple of weeks as we target the problem areas and move books out the door back to you.

As many of you have noticed, the Graders have made a huge improvement in the turnaround times, and as we move forward, the other levels of our process will follow. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we sort through our backlog and get things back on track. Our crew here is working double shifts in order to make these changes and get things back to our level of standards. Its a difficult balance to improve output without sacrificing the quality of service that CGC is known for. But we are fully confident in our process and couldnt be prouder of the hard working team that we have. If anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at hpatel@collectiblesgroup.com. Again, we want to thank you for your patience and support during this busy period.

:whee:

Interesting that there was also a recent thread about grouchy CGC employees at a recent con. Such a prolonged period of being far behind promised turnaround times may be fraying some nerves.

Y'all do realize that with con season coming up the backlog is going to ramp up again right? Iirc they miss at least the day before and the day after a show at headquarters from grading flat out or grading at all. This obviously due to the graders being away from headquarters.

I hope it gets better much like I hope my bank account suddenly has $10k extra in it when I wake up in the mornin. Alas hope doesn't get you far.

Y'all do realize that with con season coming up the backlog is going to ramp up again right? Iirc they miss at least the day before and the day after a show at headquarters from grading flat out or grading at all. This obviously due to the graders being away from headquarters.

I hope it gets better much like I hope my bank account suddenly has $10k extra in it when I wake up in the mornin. Alas hope doesn't get you far.

YUP!

So is the reason that fast track tiers seem to have all of a sudden fallen behind by quiet a bit to cutdown on the other tiers that were taking half a year to get turnarounds done on them?

I just don't get how certain tiers all of a sudden have been cut in half then when people are paying an extra $10 to get a decent turnaround time these all of a sudden are taken twice as long as before to be graded.

So is the reason that fast track tiers seem to have all of a sudden fallen behind by quiet a bit to cutdown on the other tiers that were taking half a year to get turnarounds done on them?

I just don't get how certain tiers all of a sudden have been cut in half then when people are paying an extra $10 to get a decent turnaround time these all of a sudden are taken twice as long as before to be graded.

+1 - The people who paid for regular subs are getting their books back faster than the current TATs, and people who paid extra for FT are getting them back way after the current TATs...doesn't make a whole lotta sense.

I agree that we pay for a service to have it done in a certain time frame. I sent 20+ books in Value Fast Track and they sat at verified for almost 3 weeks, that was after a week of receiving them. Its been a month now and just today they were switched to "scheduled for grading." I posted in another forum that I did like hearing an approximate time frame when I called CGC the other day to see what was up, they said the books should ship within 2 weeks (well over the 20 business day time promised).

Suggestion: Please add to your website next to each step of the process how much longer its expected until books are "shipped".

Ex: Received/Verified - 4 weeks

Scheduled for Grading - 2 weeks

Graded - 5 days

I don't know how accurate that is but its just an example.

I agree that we pay for a service to have it done in a certain time frame. I sent 20+ books in Value Fast Track and they sat at verified for almost 3 weeks, that was after a week of receiving them. Its been a month now and just today they were switched to "scheduled for grading." I posted in another forum that I did like hearing an approximate time frame when I called CGC the other day to see what was up, they said the books should ship within 2 weeks (well over the 20 business day time promised).

Suggestion: Please add to your website next to each step of the process how much longer its expected until books are "shipped".

Ex: Received/Verified - 4 weeks

Scheduled for Grading - 2 weeks

Graded - 5 days

I don't know how accurate that is but its just an example.

Haven't we gone over this a bunch of times already? There is no set formula for how long it takes to move from one step in the grading process to the next - unless, of course, you're paying for Walkthru grading where everything happens in a day.

I've had modern FT subs that sat in Verified for weeks and others that have been in the same status for days - I even had a modern FT sub that went from Verified and all the way to Shipped/Safe within 48 hours.

Honestly, who cares how long the books sit in each stage? All that matters is the actual turnaround time - from when CGC receives the books till they're shipped out again.