• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Builds/Sells PVC Comic Book Display for Shows?

13 posts in this topic

Hello

Does anyone have contact information for whoever builds/sells the portable PVC wall display racks for comic shows? The ones I have seen have about 8 tiered rows.

I saw the posts for how to build one but I just dont have the time I need to invest in building my own.

Pls email me at Brauny14@Ymail.com rather than PM.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Dave (Brauny)

Here's a very simple method to create a set of shelves with basic tools in a couple hours. If you scroll up in the thread, there's an alternate version using zip ties.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6276533Post6276533

Here's a very simple method to create a set of shelves with basic tools in a couple hours. If you scroll up in the thread, there's an alternate version using zip ties.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6276533Post6276533

Can't get any more simpler than that. :applause:

Thanks Guys.

I wanted to move away from the wire racks as they are too heavy and bulky to transport.

I ended up making my own display out of 1 inch PVC tubing and various couplers from my local Lowe's hardware store. They sell a tool that easily cuts the PVC down to whatever size you need.

Got a used cross country ski bag for storage and transport of the PVC pieces. Takes up a lot less room in my car, weighs less and is a lot easier to handle.

Brauny

Thanks Bro

I just found this one as well but it looks poopy compared to the other ones

http://www.storesupply.com/pc-12771-861-floor-standing-wire-rack-60302.aspx

I was looking for something bigger than like

6 - 8 feet tall so I can display things whilst they are behind me and my table (like at a Con)

Recommend you measure the storage space at the back of your vehicle. e.g. an SUV may only hold a comic rack primary wall panel that is 4' wide and 5' 6 inches long. A standard sedan with fold down rear seats may not even be able to load a 4' wide back panel flat on the deck of your trunk. Use a tape measure. :cool:

Recommend you measure the storage space at the back of your vehicle. e.g. an SUV may only hold a comic rack primary wall panel that is 4' wide and 5' 6 inches long. A standard sedan with fold down rear seats may not even be able to load a 4' wide back panel flat on the deck of your trunk. Use a tape measure. :cool:

Thanks for the heads up

I thought of the exact same thing!

Thankfully, god decided to put the U-Haul Rental place literally 4 blocks from my house.

I think it's like $20 for the day plus mileage and gas?!?